Child Safeguarding Level 3: the role holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work in country programs; or are visiting country programs; ore because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
The position holder shall be in charge of technical quality implementation and delivery of the mobile health and Nutrition services in the assigned woreda. S/He will mainly be responsible for the daily implementation of the screening, OTP, consultation, outreach EPI, health education, sanitation, safe motherhood and child health as per the guideline of Somali RHB mobile health and Nutrition teams. She/He will be responsible for the daily implementation of mobile health and Nutrition services package as per the standard, supporting health facilities assigned as integrated mobile health & Nutrition modality and daily dispensary and drug supply management. He will also be responsible for day to day documentation of screened children and mothers, children admitted to OTP, children and adults treated, people provided for health education, vaccinated children and all provided services accordingly and compile weekly and monthly reports and share with mobile health and nutrition officers and woreda health offices.
- Coordinate and facilitate implementation of mobile health and Nutrition activities, site selection and prepare weekly movement plan.
- Provide basic health and nutrition services including community IMNCI/ICCM, safe motherhood, emergency services, referral, health education, EPI as per Somali RHB Mobile health and nutrition guideline
- Facilitate essential drugs, supplies and therapeutic products for the team and the selected health facilities
- Facilitate training and work closely with MOH staffs at Health posts, Health center and hospital and district level.
- Organize daily, weekly and monthly over view and reports of OTP, EPI, health education and consultations.
- Ensure referral system and linkage between services and with the health facilities
- Adherence to medical and nutritional treatment protocols and procedures for children and infants.
- Provide onsite training to HEW and nurses.
- Ensure Job aids are available in Health posts (HEW quick reference, Look up table, report format, tally sheet, Plumpnut and drug stock control balance form)
- Receive weekly reports from HEW at weekly basis, cross check the completeness and accuracy and submit to Woreda Project officers.
- Mentoring and assist HEW in decision of patients who are at severe risks and need to be transferred to nearby hospital
- Participate in capacity building training, in health education sessions and ENA/BCC application
- Follow up absentees/defaulters and keep current record of both beneficiaries and the staff (CHAs, volunteers).
- Work any tasks assigned by the line manager and the organization.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Qualifications and certifications:
- Minimum of BA degree in Educational planning & Management or other field of education from a recognized university with five years’ experience preferably out of which three years working in international non-governmental organization.
- Previous experience working in INGO education programmes implemented in pastoral communities.
- Have basic training and proven experience on project cycle management including but not limited to skills in program and financial planning, M&E skills, education/ teaching-learning process technical skills, documentation and report writing,
- Must have strong coordination skill, partnership building skill, team building and conflict management skill, financial management (budget preparation and monitoring)
- Experience to manage big team especially in hardship environment and preferably experience of managing more than one million USD is annually.
- Dynamic, Self-starter and able to deliver on organizational goals with good communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent understanding and prior work experience with the pastoralist communities is advantageous
- Proficient in the use of MS Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and other relevant software;
- Must have excellent strong writing with excellent spoken and written English; Knowledge of regional language is favourable.
- Knowledge of the area and region where the post is located.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
- honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Qualifications and certifications:
- Diploma/ Bachelor in Nursing or Public Health.
- Minimum four years working experience with out of which two years in CMAM program and/ mobile health and Nutrition.
- Experience in clinical setups is mandatory particularly Maternal and child health areas
- Knowledge, training and experience in management of CMAM, SAM management and IMNCI/ICCM.
- Solid technical skill on case management of childhood and adult illness, safe motherhood
- Demonstrated skills in program planning, implementation and monitoring.
- Strong computer (Microsoft skills), and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Good command in written and spoken English and Local language.
- Good human relation skills.
- Respect of Save the Children rules by anyone visiting the program;
- Willingness to work under pressure and extra hours
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
How to Apply
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.