|Youth Friendly Services Technical Advisor|
|Reports to:||Youth Development Director|
|Duty Station||Addis Ababa, Country Office|
|Duration Employment||One year with possible extension|
Amref Health Africa is seeking a Youth Friendly Services Advisor to provide technical leadership and support for the USAID Integrated Youth Activity (IYA) that aims to empower youth to advance their own economic, civic and social development across 18 secondary urban cities of Ethiopia. This advisor is responsible for technical leadership and guidance to ensure the availability, accessibility and utilization of integrated, evidence based and high quality youth friendly services across health, education and financial sectors in the selected cities. S/he will coordinate with the M&E unit to identify key barriers for youth friendly service across these sectors and collaboratively design strategies with youth and other stakeholders to help them overcome these barriers. The advisor will provide technical advice and support the development of tools, standards and service packages appling principles of user centered design and advocate for the implementation of youth friendly service provision at different setting where youth congregate including youth hubs, youth centers, industrial parks, universities, private sectors, financial institutions, government offices and other relevant stakeholders. Under the supervision of the Youth Development Director, this position will coordinate with the Higher Education Technical Advisor, the Basic Education & Skill Development Advisor, the Employees Relations &Youth Talent Management Advisor, to ensure that a comprehensive integrated youth friendly services are available through series of physical and virtual platforms. S/he will ensure interventions are gender sensitive/transformative, align with positive youth development, and emphasize participatory and youth-led approaches and instate quality assurance and user feedback mechanisms for continuous learning and adapting of IYA youth friendly service interventions.
II. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The advisor will lead the technical leadership and implementation of the youth friendly services in the heath, education and financial sectors in the IYA Program. S/he will:
- Coordinate mapping of youth serving organizations /departments in the intervention cities;
- Lead the identification of barriers for the youth friendly services in each intervention cities and design a strategy;
- Lead the development of context specific youth friendly service packages with full youth participation;
- Facilitate the identification needs and provide capacity building for both IYA implementing partners and government stakeholders on institutionalizing youth friendly service;
- Develop tools, approaches, and capacity building programs to enhance the capacity of youth, youth serving organizations and service providers to youth;
- Work closely with the youth coalition to increase awareness of, demand for, and access to youth friendly services;
- Ensure friendly youth services mainstreaming in different youth serving and youth-led organizations, at youth hubs, youth centers, health facilities, industrial parks and school;
- Identify model youth friendly service settings, organize experience sharing and facilitate learning;
- Strengthen the capacity of young people, youth networks, youth-serving organizations, and government. Develop and implement capacity strengthening plans. Develop tools and guides to facilitate knowledge transfer. Provide technical training and support;
- Provide technical assistance and leadership to enhance individual skills sets and to strengthen the overall activity. Assess the core strengths/weaknesses of CSO program staffs, provide training and on-the job coaching to develop the capacity and knowledge;
- Working closely with MEL, contribute for tracking and documentation of achievements and challenges including key learnings and best practices;
- In collaboration with activity leadership, contribute to the development of work-plans and annual implementation plans that are consistent with the activity goals and objectives;
- Contribute to the development and timely submission of written reports, including funder reports and oral presentations on the project. Prepare periodic update reports on project successes, challenges facing the project, and progress toward meeting deliverables.
- Medical doctor or Master’s degree in public health, education, international development or related field from a recognized university;
- Minimum of seven years of experience implementing youth development activities (e.g., health, education, economic empowerment), with at least three years of senior level experience demonstrating strategic leadership;
- Experience in youth program management, particularly in friendly youth service provision, meaningful youth engagement and advocacy skills;
- Experience cultivating relationships and collaborating with a variety of Ethiopian stakeholders including youth, government ministries and officials, NGOs, donors, the private sector, and community-based institutions;
- Experience developing and implementing effective capacity strengthening models and approaches for organizations and individuals;
- Experience working collaboratively with teams from diverse backgrounds;
- Strong presentation, reporting, and communication skills;
- Spoken and written fluency in English and Amharic;
- Excellent computer skills using MS Office 365 Suite of products including Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams, and PowerPoint;
- Ability to travel up to 30% to 40% of the time.
How to Apply
If you are Interested? Please visit our website https://amref.org/job/youth-friendly-services-technical-advisor/ to make your application. You will be directed to our online portal where you will need to create an account in order for you to be able to submit your application. Your application should include a cover letter detailing why you are the best fit for
this position and your CV with relevant skills and experience. Closing date will be October 21, 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Duly note that Amref Health Africa does not require applicants to pay any money at whatever stage of
the recruitment and selection process and has not retained any agent in connection with recruitment.
Amref Health Africa is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people
and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. Amref Health Africa is an equal
opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy