External Vacancy Announcement
Floresta Ethiopia is non- governmental organization based in San Diego CA, USA, whose mission is to reverse poverty and deforestation by transforming the lives of rural poor.
NOW Floresta Ethiopia is implementing different developmental societal activities to improved economic empowerment and environmental restoration in Andabet woreda, Amhara region, Ethiopia.
On top of its expansion for certain planning years, the program, Floresta Ethiopia would like to invite competent candidates who fulfill the requirement of the indicated different vacant positions listed below.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
The Women’s Participation Coordinator (WPC) is responsible for the overall leadership, strategic vision, coordination and technical support to increase female participation in all program elements of economic empowerment, sustainable agriculture and Agency/Stewardship. The WPC is a member of the program Senior Leadership Team and responsible for the overall management of increasing female participation efforts. The WPC plays a key role in program development through contributions to new concepts and proposals, including design and implementation of activities to increase female participation. The WPC is responsible for strengthening and building new partnerships as well as strengthening the capacity of key staff to enable them to foster gender inclusion/equity in all program activities.
The Women’s Participation Coordinator is responsible for four key objectives:
- Community Mobilization: Plan and execute effective implementation of recruiting and mobilization activities to increase female participation in the program Floresta Ethiopia, Recruitment Advertising
- Integration: Ensure program quality and integration of women’s inclusion/equity within the broader program planning and management
- Representation: Represent Plant With Purpose among key stakeholders in the community, local/national government entities concerned with women’s inclusion/equity
- Partnerships: Establish and strengthen productive relationships with women-forward organizations and networks, technical experts, and government agencies.
Program Quality and Implementation
- Lead on women’s inclusion/equity strategy development and the implementation of activities that align and contribute to increase participation of women in program activities.
- Provide clear technical support, supervision, training and mentoring to the team on issues of women’s inclusion/equity
- Ensure that staff and program volunteers adhere to best practices to foster women’s inclusion/equity
- Strengthening community engagement and outreach including on issues of women’s inclusion/equity in program activities
- Supervise the execution of relevant M&E systems and ensure regular follow-up on monitoring data relevant to women’s inclusion/equity in program activities; Integration
- Lead and support integration, joint working and collaboration in all elements of the program. Work closely with section heads to foster inclusion of women in all aspects of the program.
- Support women’s inclusion/equity coordination at the national and sub-national levels and actively contribute to advocacy efforts as appropriate
- Actively develop and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders including; donors, government actors, UN agencies, international and local NGOs, and other relevant actors.
- Ensure key field concerns are brought to relevant stakeholders to advocate for standards that systematize how women’s inclusion/equity is implemented and promote the delivery of inclusive and high quality gender balanced programming;
- Develop strategic partnerships with local and national organizations in line with women’s inclusion/equity strategic priorities;
Staff Management and Development
- Coach, train, and mentor staff with the aim of strengthening their technical capacity, exchanging knowledge within the team and providing professional development guidance
- Develop and implement staff capacity strengthening plans to ensure quality women’s inclusion/equity programming across programming teams
Reports to: Program Director
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- BA/MAs degree in Women’s Studies, Gender Equity and Inclusion, Women’s empowerment related studies is required
- A project/program management certification would be an added advantage
- At least 6/4 years of progressively responsible experience at the national or international level in managing multi-component program interventions with national partners, preferably related to women’s empowerment;
- Experience in coordinating, implementing, monitoring and evaluating development programs and projects are an asset.
- Ability to write high quality, clear, concise
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example