Purpose of the position:
To supervise, conduct design, studies and review water resource development and other civil works implementation. And closely follow up and ensure the implementation of water resource development projects and other civil works are in line with the plan, design, available standards, community needs and donors requirement.
· Data collection for children including RCs & non-RCs, boys & girls, children living with disability for program design and reporting uses
· Data collection on contribution of WASH intervention to child wellbeing including RCs
· Community mobilization in integrated way on WASH, health, education and livelihood in relation to RC and non-RC children wellbeing
· RC Monitoring and follow up for sector outcome and report to appropriate focal point following organization-approved indicators
· Review APs water resource development and other civil works document and make regular discussions with government line offices to create smooth relationships, mutual understanding and support;
· Collect drawings/designs, specifications, bill of quantities from concerned government offices and review/verify technical compliance
· In association with relevant experts from government offices, perform water resources development and other civil works studies and conduct design review as required;
· Review and conduct detail investigation on water resource development and other civil works projects sites before commencement of the construction;
· Conduct close field supervision to ensure the implementation of water resource development and other civil works projects are in line with the plan, design, available standards, community needs and donors requirement;
· Prepare monthly, biannual and annual progress reports;
· Prepare bill of quantities, specification and cost estimate for water resource development and other civil work projects;
· Facilitate handing over of completed constructions by the ADP to the user communities or the concerned government offices and ensure proper documentations for future reference
· Provide timely feedback on the progress of the construction works, challenges and concerns encountered to the ADP manager in writing and copy the infrastructure officer for appropriate action by the ADP and/or program office as deemed necessary
· Review and verify engineering estimations and payment certificates for water resource and other civil works projects;
· Review tender documents both for design and construction of water resource and other civil work projects;
Review MOU and construction agreements in accordance with the policy of the organization;
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
Required Professional Experience:
· 3 years of experience in relevant field, community rural development,
· Other NGO experience is preferred
· BSc in Civil Engineering, Water resource engineering and other related fields
· Further complementary professional qualifications in MEAL, Information Management, etc if applicable.
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
· MA in water and civil work engineering and other relevant fields with experience 1 year and above in water and civil work
Technical Skills & Abilities:
· Basic computer skills in Windows, Ms. Excel, Word, publisher and power point.
· Proven negotiation skills,
· Fluent in writing and spoken English and local language.
· Other: Good knowledge in WV DPA & sponsorship programs is preferred.
Working Environment / Conditions:
- Office based with travel to the field
- Travel: Up to 80% travel to project implementation areas.
How to Apply
Interested applicants are required to Write Position Title on the subject line and attach Current CV with three references & fill employment application form which can be found http://docs.ethiojobs.net/wve-jaf.pdf ) and email before the closing date of this announcement to Recruitment_ethiopia@wvi.org or through ethiojobs.net.
World vision has zero tolerance towards abuse and exploitation of children and vulnerable adults. Every prospective employee, volunteer, and intern is obliged to comply by world vision’s child and adult safeguarding policy.”
Note: we do not receive hard copies