Location: Welega, Ethiopia
Deadline: Sep 16, 2022
Employee Contract Type:
Local – Fixed Term Employee (Fixed Term)
Major Role and Responsibilities
- Manage the planning, study & design of all WASH project activities of the program hub within the designated geographic area of operation.
- Design using AUTOCAD, WATER CAD, WATERGEMS and Other Engineering Software, and/ or approve all designs to be efficient ,cost effective, inclusive, innovative and appropriate to the local conditions;
- Ensure the WASH project activities comply with donor’s requirements, WV and government policies and global standards.
- Ensure the ground water investigation, study and implementation works of the project comply with donor’s requirements, WV and government policies and global standards by closely working with concerned Gov’t professionals AP engineers.
- Plan, facilitate and conduct capacity building trainings to ensure proper sanitation and hygiene implementation in World Vision Ethiopia operation areas; Follow up the overall implementation of sanitation and hygiene activities;
- Play leadership role for the sustainable of WASH projects, coordinate the water safety plan performances in the intervention woredas, coordination of WASH governance and water quality assessment and monitoring activities of newly constructed & rehabilitated schemes implemented in the project area in collaboration with Gov’t concerned officials and AP WASH staffs.
- Engage in and ensure proper liaison and networking with government, NGOs and other partners working in the project areas.
- Engage in reviewing activity vs. budget plan to monitor the activity progress and budget utilization.; Guide and ensure the preparation of high quality programmatic and financial reports, for donors and support offices.
- Monitor or track WASH projects progress, develop & submit periodic WASH reports of all APs, generate learning and ensure proper documentation is in place.
- Engage in and ensure that appropriate human resource performance monitoring mechanisms with proper coaching and mentoring are practiced to enhance smooth staff relations and accountability.
- Promote major cross cutting themes including environment, gender, protection, advocacy, disability, peace building and Christian commitment.
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only