Amref Health Africa, the largest African led international organization on the continent, provides training, health and Water, and Sanitation Hygiene (WaSH) services to over 35 countries in Africa. Founded in 1957 as the Flying Doctors of East Africa to bring critical health services to remote communities, deliver preventive, and community-based health care.
Amref Health Africa in Ethiopia delivers programs on WaSH, Maternal health, Child health, Communicable Diseases, None-communicable Diseases, Clinical Outreach Services, Emergency Nutrition, HEWs and Midwives Training and Operational Research. The training and the clinical outreach programs are being implemented nationally across all regions of the country.
Through its WaSH program, Amref works to ensure access to and utilization of sustainable and improved WaSH services by creating access to safe, affordable and adequate water supply, improved sanitation and hygiene services delivery and institutional capacity development. Addresses the root economic problems of the community by integrating WASH interventions with nutrition, livestock development, income generation and livelihood opportunities. Delivers all WASH services in close collaboration with Ministry of Water, Irrigation and Energy, Ministry of Health and their respective regional government bureaus, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), and local communities.
Amref Health Africa would like to recruit a WASH Project coordinator for its “WASH flagship and MHM in school and around school community” in Addis Ababa city administration and Oromia region. The job holders will be based in Addis Ababa and reports to the project manager.
Purpose of the Job:
The main purpose of the job is to implement Amref Health Africa in Ethiopia’s “WASH flagship and MHM in school and around school community”project which mainly focuses on enhancing school attendance of girls so as to reduce prejudice towards menstruation and improved girls education, create enabling environment for MHM through sustainable access to menstrual hygiene materials and improve the positive attitudes and perceptions by the community, and increasing the WASH access to school and surrounding community in Addis Ababa and Oromia region.
She/he will report to the project manager and works with the project and program team, and other staffs to implement the project in Addis Ababa and Oromia region.
- Ensure Technical standards of WASH and MHM in schools and community.
- Develop training modules, facilitators’ guides to improve project implementation quality
- Develop best practice papers, human interest stories, pictures and documentaries
- Provide technical inputs to project design, plan, and implementation
- Provide routine monitoring and feedback
- Participate and contribute to project bassline, midterm and final evaluate
- Participate in SBCC materials development, organize and coordinate campaigns and events
- Organize and follow the legalization of women and youths who will be engaged in menstrual pad supply, management of public WASH facilities
- Provide technical trainings and support project officers and assistants in data capturing, analyzing and interpretation.
- Engage in research, innovation, project idea and concept note development,
- Generate/develop advocacy agenda and facilitate lobbing.
- Collect, analyze and share information for decision support.
- Lead and supervise project activities and provide technical backups.
- Organizing and facilitate workshops and trainings; as well as participate and represent Amref// in meetings and workshops.
- In collaboration with project staff, boost the quality and performance of the project.
- Develop monitoring and reporting tools / templates.
- Compile periodic reports for internal and donors,
- Monitor and report on relevant activities and outcome/impact and submit to program manager, M &E and the project manager.
- Collaborate with the WASH program manager as required
- Participate in project idea generation and concept note development.
- Undertakes other duties as assigned by the supervisor and Program manager.
- Masters in Environmental health, Public Health
- Minimum of 6 years of hands-on experience preferably in urban WASH, MHM (Menstrual Hygiene Management) in Addis Ababa and/ Oromia.
- Experience in developing training module, guidelines, SBCC in WASH and Health is a plus
- Practical experience in research, project evaluation, innovation and proposal development.
- Knowledge and experience of working in urban context mainly in school WASH and MHM
- Experience in advocacy and lobby in MHM and WASH topics in school and community.
- Additional training and experience in MHM, entrepreneurship, business models and gender in WASH is an advantage.
- Experience in developing and documentation project success stories, best practices, lessons
- Experience in organizing and providing training for youth, women and school community on WASH and MHM related topics
- Ability to establish a strong relationship with government, community and other partners in Addis Ababa and Oromia.
- Special skill in data management (collection, organizing, analyzing and interpretation)
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft office applications (word, excel and PowerPoint), SPSS and navigating the internet
- The candidate must have strong analytical, problem solving, negotiation and networking skills.
- Should be a team player and comfortable to receive instructions.
- Experienced in developing quality plans and reports
- Working knowledge of English both writing and speaking skills is required, and NGO experience is a plus
How to Apply
If you are Interested? Please visit our website https://amref.org/job/wash-project-coordinator/ to make your application. You will be directed to our online portal where you will need to create an account in order for you to be able to submit your application. Your application should include a cover letter detailing why you are the best fit for this position and your CV with relevant skills and experience. Closing date will be October 16, 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Duly note that Amref Health Africa does not require applicants to pay any money at whatever stage of the recruitment and selection process and has not retained any agent in connection with recruitment.
Amref Health Africa is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy.