| ROLE PURPOSE:
Save the children is the world’s leading independent organization for children. Our mission is to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. Recognized for our commitment to accountability, ambition, collaboration, creativity and integrity, our work takes us into the heart of communities, where we help children and families help themselves. We work with other organizations, governments, non-profits and a variety of local partners while maintaining our own independence without political agenda or religious orientation.
The WASH Coordinator, will be part of the Integrated Multi-Sectoral Life-Saving Response to Crisis Affected Children and their Families Babile woredas of Somali Region, aiming at supporting local communities, returnees and IDPs affected by the recent crises. The incumbent of this position represents SC values and principles in interactions with beneficiaries, staff and external audiences. These values and principles include commitment to the mission of Save the Children international, team orientation, quality management and leadership development, introducing systems and procedures to strengthen staff motivation and productivity. S/he will be expected to work closely with the target communities; the project team, area offices and respective operational districts and regional level stakeholders. S/he will be responsible for the design, the timely implementation of the WASH activities at community and institutional level and their monitoring as per the approved project document, government and donor requirements and Save the Children standards.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree in public health or a related subject. Adequate experience in the field will substitute for formal qualifications.
- Minimum 4 years of total experience of which 2 years in WASH emergency interventions in NGOs or similar organization.
- Experience in WASH facilities construction in a complex and demanding workload.
- Substantial experience in coordinating, mobilizing community, planning, implementation, supervision, monitoring and reporting.
- Demonstrated work experience in designing, supervise and implementing water, sanitation and hygiene infrastructural programs in community, school and health centres.
- Ability and willingness to travel and work in rural areas where the project is implemented, within approved security frameworks.
- Strong interpersonal skills, communication, presentation and facilitation skills and an ability to train and mentor staff.
- Desired spoken and written English.
Good computer skills (particularly Excel, Word and databases).
How to Apply
Qualified candidates can apply on the below link