International Medical Corps never asks job applicants for a fee, payment, or other monetary transaction. If you are asked for money in connection with this recruitment, please notify International Medical Corps at report@InternationalMedicalCorps.org.
Job Purpose Summary:
This position is a senior management position in IMC Ethiopia. The position holder will oversee the IMC’s one of Emergency WASH Response Projects in Oromia region and represent IMC Ethiopia at the Zonal level. The responsibilities include: Administration of personnel & finance, logistics and overseeing the WASH programme implementations in the area.
The Field Office WASH Project Coordinator works under the direction of the Field Programs Operation Coordinator, and shares responsibility for overseeing the proper program management, technical and financial monitoring and successful implementation of IMC projects in the designated Zone and Woredas.
He/She will work directly with Sector Project Coordinators on a day-to-day basis to support and facilitate IMC’s humanitarian intervention. This position requires extensive experience and a proven track-record of coordinating and managing emergency response and recovery programs and as well possessing excellent relationship, representation, communications, planning, monitoring and teamwork skills.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Management of Program Implementation
- Ensure implementation of the Water, Sanitation and Hygiene program, including hygiene education, and sanitation infrastructure construction and training of community and volunteers WASHCO. This includes providing direction, developing work plans in collaboration with staff, monitoring implementation and impact, supervising staff, and managing the program budget in coordination with the team and finance team.
- Works closely with Region, Zone/Woreda Water and Health Offices towards efficient and effective implementation of the project by organizing regular field visits and joint monitoring with project steering committee
- Regular/scheduled field visit at project sites at woreda level and submit summary report for Addis program team.
- Ensure that the Woreda partners are actively participated in project activities like water quality testing, scheme dis infection, project monitoring and review in all the intervention Woredas
- Monitor that the woreda partners are highly participated in project activities like water quality testing, scheme dis infection, project monitoring, review in all the intervention woredas
- Conduct program/project review by quarter and summarize the progress and the way forward for future implementation
- Conduct regular field staff capacity gap assessment and organize capacity building trainings, orientation, or workshop to fill the staff skill gaps
- Facilitate and support M & E team to conduct KPC and PDM surveys whenever the project indictors need verification through KPC/PDM
- Carry out financial analysis on monthly bases, project financial needs and check the expenses on the pipeline and share for Addis program team and finance
- Ensure successful delivery of services and along with the Addis M and E officer establish complaint feedback mechanism.
- Conduct detail WASH assessment based on IMC’s assessment tools in accordance to share for the sector partners, donors and proposal development purposes
- Develop WASH concept notes and proposals for the region based on the needs and WASH assessments and share for Addis WASH and program team. And also Support the SMT and program team in developing the program and other strategies.
- Prepare Donor report, government quarter report, monthly and weekly report, contextual assessment report, PDM and KAP analysis report, terminal report and share to program and line managers.
Policy Compliance and Team Management
- Ensure field staff are aware of all policies and procedures
- Apply policies and procedures in a consistent manner
- Advise staff regarding field staff failing to comply with policies and procedures
- Play a leadership role and foster a positive working environment
- Directly manage WASH Construction Advisor/coordinator, Finance, HR/Admin and Logistics officers
- Ensure that all staff related records are well recorded and necessary information are kept for reference purposes at all time.
Reporting and Communication
- Compile monthly field office reports in a timely manner.
- Ensure all monthly reports are collected on time from sector coordinators and are compiled and sent to IMC Addis on time
- Coordinate preparation of quarterly, final and other donor reports as needed.
- Coordinate with other departments within the IMC Ethiopia country program (Communications, Finance, HR, Admin, Security) concerning the designated field site programs/projects
Representation and Networking
- Ensure that IMC Ethiopia is well represented in NGO, government and other meetings. The position holder will also delegate the appropriate program people to specific meetings such as nutrition, health and logistics accordingly.
- Regular meetings and communication with field staff of partner agencies, particularly Zonal level government partners on matters related to regular monitoring and evaluation or related issues.
- Attend regular zonal and regional WASH cluster meeting and share regular 4w/5ws matrix.
- BSc/MSc in Water Resources Engineering, Hydraulic Engineering Water Suply and Environmental Engineering, Civil Engineering or equivalent Degree in related field.
- At minimum of five years and above of work experience in managing WASH project preferable in NGO.
- Practically Advanced in Civil and Hydraulic Engineering Soft Wates (AUTO CAD, WATER CAD, Civil 3D, EPANET, GIS etc.)
How to Apply
Interested applicants who meet the above requirements should submit their application letter by clearly stating the position applying for and CV through www.ethiojobs.net on OR before October 3, 2021
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Note: IMC is equal opportunity employer and hence candidate from all background: religion, ethnic group, qualified women and people living with disabilities, etc are all encouraged to apply
Website for reporting misconduct: www.InternationalMedicalCorps.ethicspoint.com. Please do not submit your CV or application to this website, it will not be considered for review.