Purpose of the position:
The Truck Driver is responsible to safely drive supply truck or compressor carrier truck and transport drilling accessories, materials and supplies to ensure smooth drilling operation. Communicate World Vision’s Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
· Safely drive supply truck, compressor carrier truck and other vehicles to transport drilling accessories, materials and supplies to/from drilling site.
· Actively involved in mobilization, inter-site mobilization and demobilization of drilling machine, drilling accessories and equipment.
· Follow up the safety of the supply truck and drive in compliance with WVE driving policy.
· Transport drilling supplies, drilling water and participate in the drilling and well construction works.
· Keep proper records of vehicle log sheet, spare parts and consumables of the support truck, and report to chief mechanic.
· Assist mechanics in drilling rig, compressor and support trucks maintenance.
· Promote major cross cutting themes including environment, gender, protection, disability, peace building and Christian commitment.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
Required Professional Experience:
· Minimum 5 years’ experience
· NGO work experience preferably working in water well drilling operations
Education, training, license, registration, and certification
· Training or experience in Auto mechanic/ auto-electricity preferable
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Proven ability in driving heavy truck
· Driving license Grade 4 and above required
Travel and/or Work Environment
· Travel to sites (about 80%) domestic
How to Apply
How to Apply
Interested applicants are required to Write Position Title on the subject line and attach Current CV with three references & fill employment application form which can be found http://docs.ethiojobs.net/wve-jaf.pdf ) and email before the closing date of this announcement to Recruitment_ethiopia@wvi.org or through ethiojobs.net.
World vision has zero tolerance towards abuse and exploitation of children and vulnerable adults. Every prospective employee, volunteer, and intern is obliged to comply by world vision’s child and adult safeguarding policy.”
Note: we do not receive hard copies