OWS Development Fund
OWS Development Fund (OWS DF) is an independent non-profit organization implementing lifesaving emergency projects and development programs in different parts of the country. OWS Development Fund strives to mitigate human suffering as a result of natural and man-made catastrophes as well as empower the community to get out of the cycle of poverty. Focusing on hard to reach and remote areas OWS Development Fund targets vulnerable and marginalized segment of the society. OWS Development Fund is currently preparing to respond to educational needs of conflict affected children in two woredas of Konso Zone in partnership with IOM. The duration of the project is seven months Thus, we are looking for EiE Coordinators to play a vital role in our mission to archive lasting improvements in the quality of life of deprived children.
Purpose of the Job.
- To provide overall coordination of Education in Emergency project of OWS Development Fund in the intervention areas (KONSO).
- To implement, monitor & follow up and report the EiE/ project in accordance with funding agreement and budget allocation made by the donor.
- To assess the outputs, outcomes and impact of program interventions and activities of the education project.
- Facilitate EiE project implementation in collaboration with zonal and woreda education offices and provide reports on weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis to OWS Development Fund program head and all concerned bodies.
Related to Program Design;
- Facilitate signing of project agreements and MOU with concerned zonal government sectors and submit to OWS Development Fund for documentation.
- Facilitate and collect baseline information and data from in line with EiE project from woreda and submit to HQ for further analysis.
Related to Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning;
- Facilitate quality monitoring and joint supervision with concerned government sectors, OWS DF and IOM/UNOCHA and take timely action in consultation with education offices and OWS Development Fund.
- In close coordination with Director of Programs and M&E specialist develop project monitoring tools and utilize them efficiently.
- Manage and oversee the development, implementation, monitoring and tracking of work plans and budgets.
Related to Reporting and Documentation;
- Ensure high quality reports are submitted in a timely manner and according to the donor and OWS Development Fund requirements.
- Monitor the impact of the project and promote learning by documentation of best practices for future emergency works.
Related to coordination, partnership and networking
- Ensure regular participation in Education, and other related clusters, task force meetings, networks and other platforms at zonal and woreda levels and ensure timely sharing of information collected within woreda, zone and OWS DF.
- Provide other related supports as required
Related to capacity building support
- Provide adequate technical support to Woreda Education Office and partners in the area of planning and programming projects focusing on education in emergency.
- Participate on EiE related ToT and workshops and cascade the training to concerned government experts, school structures and local communities.
- Have adequate leadership capacity to manage staffs and provide necessary support to the staffs as needed.
- Promote a productive work environment respectful of the Code of Conduct with zero tolerance for verbal and physical abuse or discrimination against children and other persons on the grounds of race, colour, sex or creed
- Provide other related supports as required
Location: Addis Ababa, around Gotera Ringroad area
- BA/BSc degree in Education, Educational Psychology, Educational Administration, Pedagogy and other related fields.
B. Work Experience:
- A minimum of 3 years of humanitarian aid experience applied in emergency/recovery response operations preferably in the area of education in emergency/recovery.
- NGO experience is imperative.
- Basic knowledge on Minimum standards for education highly knowledgeable and conversant of child protection and education in relation to emergencies.
- Good understanding and experience in program management (assessment, designing, planning, implementation, report writing, monitoring and evaluation etc…).
- Demonstrated experience in working on emergencies and be familiar with Minimum standards for education – preparedness, response and recovery.
- Good knowledge of donor grants and contract regulations.
- Ability to deliver quality programs in a short time and work under stressful conditions.
- Proven ability to work in a team environment and independently.
- Excellent written, verbal communication skills in English and Amharic.
- Computer literate.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Gender sensitive.
- Proposal and report writing skills.
- Analytical and strategic thinking
How to Apply
Required documents: Cover letter, CV and supportive documents.
Note that hard copy applications will not be considered and only short-listed applicants will be contacted.