The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
For more information, visit the website: https://www.icrc.org/
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) Delegation in Ethiopia is looking to hire an experienced, highly motivated, and qualified person to fill:
Position: Storekeeper 1
Duration of Contract: One-year fixed term contract (Extension of position cannot be anticipated now as it depends only on budget availability)
Location: Addis Ababa
Date of Issue: 25.10.2021
Deadline for applications: 04.11.2021
To ensure the work of the Logistics department is managed efficiently and effectively in line with an established guideline. You will need to be an enthusiastic, flexible, committed, and resourceful colleague who can support the Manager to lead the team. The successful candidate will need to deliver to a high standard, be resilient, and have a positive “can-do” attitude
GENERAL ICRC DUTIES
- Understands and adheres to the seven Fundamental Principles of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement.
- Understands and adheres to the ICRC Code of Conduct.
- Understands the roles of the components of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement.
- Respects and observes staff regulations and security rules at all times.
- Represents the ICRC in a professional manner at all times.
- Develops and maintains a pleasant and conducive working environment with colleagues and line managers.
- Performs all duties with the highest level of confidentiality in the interest of the employees and the ICRC.
- May be asked to perform tasks not covered in this job description and to provide support to other departments when necessary.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receives and checks incoming goods against the delivery note and reports any issues.
- Ensures that goods are properly stored, picked, packed and loaded and reports any issues.
- Ensures that all the stored goods are properly labelled (expiry dates, batch numbers, manufacturer, etc.) and recorded.
- Weighs and tallies goods during loading and unloading.
- Updates bin cards and stock cards when supervising an inventory transaction.
- Participates in inventory counts.
- Keeps the facility’s equipment and materials neat, clean and orderly and reports any issues.
- Where required, ensures that temperatures are duly recorded.
- May be called upon to supervise the Loaders or day workers.
PEOPLE MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understands and supervises the Performance Management & Development (PMD) activities for employees under their supervision.
- Makes sure that deadlines for the PMD cycle are met.
- Engages in ongoing and continuous feedback and support, particularly for employees under their supervision, but also other staff members.
- Organizes regular meetings within their team to ensure optimal coordination of the work and proper flow of information.
- Ensures that job descriptions for employees under their supervision are up to date; seeks feedback and support from the HR Department if needed.
- Plans and coordinates the annual leave of the employees under their supervision ensuring continuity of the operations throughout the year and making sure that there are no outstanding holiday balances at the end of the year.
- Coordinates and supports the employees under their supervision in their personal development by coaching and advising them on internal and external training and development possibilities.
- Follows up on all work-related messages and correspondence with the relevant contacts and departments.
- Is aware of the delegation’s objectives and has a good knowledge of the Movement and other contracts relevant to the position.
- Collects and shares information so as to improve the ICRC’s understanding of the environment and humanitarian trends and responses.
- Takes responsibility for their own professional learning and development.
- Experience in communicating and working with a wide range of people, including people of culturally diverse backgrounds.
ICRC Remuneration and Social Benefits: We offer
- By joining our organization, you will have an opportunity to practice your profession in stimulating, complex, and sometimes challenging environments, where your work can make a difference.
- You will work with colleagues from various fields of expertise in a cross-cutting manner to help victims of conflict and other situations of violence. You will be dealing with humanitarian situations that require experience, resourcefulness, and innovation to achieve the best possible impact.
- You will work for the oldest major international humanitarian organization in the world, adding to your sense of achievement in alleviating the suffering of people and communities and giving you the chance to promote humanitarian values in these turbulent times.
- You will benefit from a competitive employment package, including different possibilities for career and personal development. You will take part in an onboarding course and follow continuous training, to build your career within the ICRC and beyond.
- The competitive compensation package, a monthly salary with benefits including (13th salary, end of service indemnity, and medical coverage).
- Minimum 2 Years of experience in storekeeping.
- Experience in a pharmaceutical company an asset.
- Good command of written and spoken English language.
- Good computer skills.
- Confirmed people- management experience.
- Team spirit. Willingness to learn.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should Submit the following through the ethiojobs.net website. Alternatively, you can submit application & CV with copies of relevant documents in person to the ICRC Delegation in Addis Ababa (Around Megenagna, in front of EIAR, around Egziabher ab church OR , send to the ICRC Delegation Addis Ababa, Human Resources Department, P.O.Box 5701, Addis Ababa).
- Updated Curriculum Vitae.
- A cover letter stating why you think you have the necessary skills and qualifications.
- Salary expectations.
As ICRC, we are convinced that diversity makes us better at what we do: it enables us to form close relationships with wide-ranging communities and develop the best solutions for the people we work with. We make a conscious effort to have diverse teams with regards to age, disability, race, ethnicity, religion, and sexual orientation and particularly in terms of gender as women make up a high percentage of our staff and are encouraged to apply.
The successful candidate will submit to 60 working days as a probation period.
NB: If you have not heard from us within a month of receiving your application, please consider your application unsuccessful.