Number of Position: One
Duty station: SPIR II Daro Lebu Woreda WVE Field Office
Strengthen PSNP Institutions and Resilience II (SPIR II) is an anticipated 5-year USAID/BHA funded Resilience Food Security Activity (RFSA) led by World Vision and including consortium partners CARE, ORDA and IFPRI. World Vision and its partners will create a strong, shock responsive ecosystem of public, private, and community level actors to support PSNP households to graduate from poverty and sustain income and food security gains in 17 targeted woredas in Amhara and Oromia regions. Building from key formative and research studies during an initial refinement period, SPIR II will use continuous learning to drive program level reflection, analysis, and adaptation.
Purpose of the position:
The Food Commodity Distribution Supervisor will be responsible for planning, implementation, monitoring and controlling of the overall food assistance implementation in West Hararghe Zone, Daro Lebu Woreda. The Food Commodity Distribution Supervisor will maintain the level of standard food assistance delivery in accordance to World Vision food assistance manual, donor requirements and food commodities handling and distribution standard operating procedures. S/he will technically lead Woreda food assistance team and monitor overall operations from receiving of food commodities at Woreda warehouse to the transfer of food commodities to program participants, and ensuring reporting of all types of commodity and program reports.
Planning and Implementation
- Plan and implement all food assistance program activities of the Woreda through engaging all local level government structures.
- Supervise the implementation of standard food assistance and commodity distribution operational procedures
- Plan and establish quality commodity management at warehouse, documentation, overall commodity flow and reporting.
- Ensure effective planning of commodity distribution activities for each FDPs.
- Ensure implementation according to humanitarian core standards and principles to ensure that resources can be transferred to program beneficiaries appropriately.
- Provide technical support during targeting and registration of beneficiaries
Coordination and Collaboration
- Collaborate and closely work with food assistance technical team, Woreda level team, and local government to improve and enhance food assistance standards and ensure appropriate transfer.
- Participate in Woreda level food security task force meetings, provide technical advice and share relevant points with internal team.
- Lead food distribution activities in collaboratively working with Woreda World Vision commodity team and management.
- Ensure all stakeholders’ engagement in the process of food transfer to ensure program accountability is effectively and transparently delivered.
- Cooperate with consortium food monitoring, compliance and reporting team to ensure food assistance operation quality.
- Organize and conduct periodic food transfer review meeting at Woreda level.
Perform Commodity Distribution Activities
- Ensure that required food commodities are timely requested, issued, and transported to distribution centers in timely manner.
- Plan , organize, mobilize , and coordinate commodity distributors and others support team to carry – out effective distribution at each final distribution points ( FDPs)
- Ensure that all pre – distribution, on – distribution and post- distribution activities requirements are properly addressed on regular basis.
- Supervise all food distribution activities at FDPs and ensure that distribution is carried out according to plan
- Ensure that DCVR (Distribution Center Visit Report) is done at each FDP regularly and documented appropriately.
- Responsible to plan, establish, strengthen, and implement compliant response mechanism in all FDPs.
- Support all food monitoring and reporting activities through regular field level facilitation, information provision and contributing through team work.
Team Leading and Supervision
- Build and develop the capacity of commodity distribution staff, warehouse keepers, guards and cleaners on commodity management and implementation standards to ensure compliance is sustainably and effectively maintained at all levels.
- Support on recruitment of distributors, warehouse staff, and scoopers
- Identifies commodity staff capacity gaps; coach and report.
- Responsible to establish proper reporting lines ensuring duty segregation to protect food commodity resources from fraud, theft and misuse.
- Execute regular team meeting to review food assistance progress, gaps, learning, and draw way forwards.
- Contribute to performance evaluation of Woreda level commodity staff.
- 3 – 5 Years of experience in food assistance / food programs, disaster mitigation and development related fields with a minimum of 2 years’ experience on food aid / food assistance distribution supervision and coordination works.
- MA/MSc or BA/BSc Food Science , Agricultural Economics, Business Administration / Project Management , Disaster Management, Agriculture and related fields.
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Knowledge and working understanding of PSNP and USAID Food Security and Resilience programs
- Demonstrated capacity on commodity distribution management and team coordination.
- Experience in food assistance programing, Grants/project management, Market assessment and Analysis, Cash transfer programing, food aid monitoring and report writing.
- Good understanding of humanitarian standards and core principles
- Excellent knowledge of local context
- INGO experience
- Ability to work in high tension and high security risk situations
- Ability to work in and contribute to team building environment
Working Environment / Conditions:
- Office based with travel to the field
How to Apply
How to Apply
Interested applicants are required to Write Position Title on the subject line and attach Current CV with three references & fill employment application form which can be found http://docs.ethiojobs.net/wve-jaf.pdf ) and email before the closing date of this announcement to Recruitment_ethiopia@wvi.org or through ethiojobs.net.
World vision has zero tolerance towards abuse and exploitation of children and vulnerable adults. Every prospective employee, volunteer, and intern is obliged to comply by world vision’s child and adult safeguarding policy.”
Note: we do not receive hard copies