Number of Position: One
Duty station: SPIR II WV Zonal Office (Habro Woreda)
Strengthen PSNP Institutions and Resilience II (SPIR II) is a 5-year USAID/BHA funded Resilience Food Security Activity (RFSA) led by World Vision and including consortium partners CARE, ORDA and IFPRI. World Vision and its partners will create a strong, shock responsive ecosystem of public, private, and community level actors to support PSNP households to graduate from poverty and sustain income and food security gains in 17 targeted woredas in Amhara and Oromia regions. Building from key formative and research studies during an initial refinement period, SPIR II will use continuous learning to drive program level reflection, analysis, and adaptation.
Purpose of the position:
Under the technical leadership of the Gender and Youth Coordinator, the SPIR II WV Gender and Youth Officer will provide technical assistance and capacity building on gender and youth development to the RFSA implementing field offices and stakeholder staffs in the WV operational areas in West Hararghe. The position holder will support and coordinate gender analysis and support and lead studies with Youth Livelihood and Education Officer on exploring employment opportunities for the youth. Proactively and/or upon direction provided by the technical coordinator, s/he will identify gaps, consolidate best practices in the field and share lessons to all concerned bodies. The Officer will ensure that standard quality training, guidelines and tools are adopting consistently without major deviations in all RFSA technical themes to ensure gender, women empowerment and youth priorities are integrated uniformly. In consultation with the advisor, the officer will support and contribute to formative research in implementation areas to identify key issues, social norms and barriers and to make recommendations on how to address gender and youth related concerns and challenges.
Strategy design, planning, monitoring and implementation
- Leads/supports the development and implementation of evidence based, realistic and effective gender, women empowerment and youth engagement strategies, as directed by the technical leadership team at the consortium and Gender advisor for all technical areas under RFSA project.
- Provide Inputs into gap identification, problem analysis and activity development in relation to women empowerment and youth engagement.
- Collaborate and Participates in zonal , Regional/Woreda level RFSA detailed implementation planning (DIP), and annual reviews to ensure the proper implementation of Gender and Youth activities throughout the life of the project;
- Closely work with Woreda Women, Youth and Children Affairs Office on women’s empowerment and youth activities and develop/extend networks with women and youth league to collaborate work on Gender and Youth issues.
- Ensure that proper records are available to respond to the DFSA result framework indicators in areas of women empowerment and gender equality indicators-access to resource, control, leadership status within community and etc;
- Actively keep abreast of results of research and regular monitoring and suggest ways to improve the nature and depth of activities in their implementation area;
Capacity Building, Staff training and coaching
- In-collaboration with the Coordinator and/or independently, provides staff induction and ongoing training/capacity building training processes on Gender and Youth focused programs to WV-DFSA and implementing partners including government staff at field office level.
- Leads the development and facilitation of trainings for staff and implementing partners staffs using SAA tool on Gender and women empowerment, PACE integration and Youth Behavioural and Social Change Communications on Social and Gender Norms, Intergenerational Youth dialogue on Substance abuse and other Youth focused initiative programs.
- Develops and implements follow-up, engagement and coaching plans to build staffs and PSNP institutions capacity to increase knowledge and accountability for gender equity and Youth Inclusions so as to increase their level of expertise, skills and their commitment to apply strategies;
- Works with the relevant government structures to facilitate Gender and Youth related activities and monitoring in the operational areas
- Work closely with all program staffs and Provides continuous technical support and ensure the proper implementation of Gender and Youth Interventions
- Participate in the designs of Gender and Youth assessments, analyze results and write reports at the field office level
- Under the direction from the Gender Advisor designs and supports the community facilitators to promote appropriate community mobilization strategies around gender and youth
- Documents and shares lessons/results of gender and Youth activities and strategies in SPIR/RFSA operational Woredas
- Produce and weekly, quarterly and annual activity reports and submit timely.
Networking, Learning, Policy Implementation
- Establishes all necessary relationships with RFSA gender equality and youth empowerment partners with in WV and government stakeholders to ensure that gender and youth issues and priorities are tabled, addressed and lessons are shared;
- Keeps up to date with developments in gender and Youth initiatives, including best practices and experience sharing with government implementing partners and other NGO’s and ensure ongoing personal development and learning.
- Explore networks and participate in gender and youth related task forces, review meetings, workshops at Zonal/Woreda level.
- Together with the Gender Advisor supports in the documentation and preparations of Gender and Youth initiative learnings
- Supports formative research in the assigned operational Woredas;
- Disseminates learning and ensures all staffs at the field office level are updated on gender and youth priorities;
- At the direction of the Gender Advisor, support field level WV PQL related experts/staffs to measure the impact and document lessons learned and best practices;
- Produces and shares with the Advisor and/or project manager gender and youth related aspects of reporting for USAID for all regular and incidental reports.
- Participates in all major activities of the RFSA project in the assigned project area;
- Responds to requests for additional capacity building support within WV;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
Required Professional Experience:
- 3-5 years of work experience on gender or social and behavioral change, conversant with adult learning and training of trainers methodologies, practical experience in women and youth programming
- At least 2 years of work experience in gender analysis, training and mainstreaming.
- Gender related work in an NGO setting.
- Previous experience with livelihoods programs and or food assistance interventions.
- B.A. degree in Social Science, gender studies or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Afan Oromo;
- Effective interpersonal skills, maturity, intuitive, tact and a high sense of responsibility,
- Analytical, training/facilitation skills;
- Sensitivity to different aspects of diversity (cultural, religious, disability), firm belief in teamwork and sensitivity to HIV/AIDS
- Computer skills (word, Excel);
Working Environment / Conditions:
- Travel up to 25% of time.
How to Apply
Interested applicants are required to Write Position Title on the subject line and attach Current CV with three references & fill employment application form which can be found http://docs.ethiojobs.net/wve-jaf.pdf ) and email before the closing date of this announcement to Recruitment_ethiopia@wvi.org or through ethiojobs.net.
World vision has zero tolerance towards abuse and exploitation of children and vulnerable adults. Every prospective employee, volunteer, and intern is obliged to comply by world vision’s child and adult safeguarding policy.”
Note: we do not receive hard copies