Number of Position: One
Duty station: SPIR II Consortium Office
Strengthen PSNP Institutions and Resilience II (SPIR II) is an anticipated 5-year USAID/BHA funded Resilience Food Security Activity (RFSA) led by World Vision and including consortium partners CARE, ORDA and IFPRI. World Vision and its partners will create a strong, shock responsive ecosystem of public, private, and community level actors to support PSNP households to graduate from poverty and sustain income and food security gains in 17 targeted woredas in Amhara and Oromia regions. Building from key formative and research studies during an initial refinement period, SPIR II will use continuous learning to drive program level reflection, analysis, and adaptation.
Purpose of the position:
The SPIR II Finance Coordinator will directly support all aspects of the SPIR II WV field office financial management, including budget preparation, reporting, accounting, payment review, cash flow management, and spending analysis. She/he will review and ensure proper documentation is in place and that all payments are made in accordance with WV and USAID policies, rules and regulations. The SPIR II Finance Coordinator will proactively address capacity gaps by organizing training and follow-up for SPIR II WV staff in areas where common mistakes are identified. She/he will review expense accounting and make any necessary corrections through reverse journal entries or reclassifications, under the guidance and direction of the SPIR II Finance Director. Be responsible for maintaining the books of account for WV Ethiopia SPIR II component and preparing financial reports for submission to the donors. The SPIR II Finance Coordinator will closely work with SPIR II Program Support Coordinator and Supply Chain Coordinator to verify and advise finance procedures in terms of contracts including payment schedule and tax obligations.
Support financial management of SPIR II WV field offices
- Coordinate orientation and training for new SPIR II WV field staff on USAID rules and regulations and SPIR II Financial Management and accountability policies.
- Support SPIR II WV field offices in their compilation and contribution of activity cost estimates to the annual budgeting processes
- Identify common mistakes in coding, travel advance processing, etc. and organize targeted training and capacity building for SPIR II WV field office staff.
- Review and ensure accuracy of the monthly SPIR II WV field office finance report and provide up-to-date analysis on actual activity-level costs, spending trends, etc. for SPIR II WV Regional Manager and WV Zonal Manager
- Support the SPIR II Finance director by preparing accurate and timely quarterly financial reports for submission to USAID
Payment and advance review and processing
- Review payment processes (check payment vouchers, bank transfers, payments for petty cash, etc.), ensuring that all required documentation is in place, and that payments and transfers are all made according to schedule
- Review report of cash balances to ensure timely petty cash replenishment for SPIR II WV zone/woreda offices
- Process reversal journal entries for correction, reclassification or allocation for grant costs and submit for review and approval
- Ensure cash payments to vendors and service providers are made according to schedule and in accordance with WV policies and best practices.
Accounting, Controls and Compliance
- Effectively utilize and adhere to World Vision Ethiopia’s accounting systems, processes, and controls in the recording and reporting of transactions
- Ensure accurate general ledger, accounts receivable, accounts payable, and payroll records and balances are maintained
- Closely work with SPIR II Program Support Coordinator and Supply Chain Coordinator to verify and advise finance procedures in terms of contracts including payment schedule and tax obligations
- Comply with donor and World Vision Ethiopia’s accounting policies and procedures, both written and unwritten, and report any instances of non-compliance to the immediate supervisor
- In close coordination with SPIR II Program Support Coordinator ensure that monthly staff LDR is filled on OUR PEOPLE System
Financial Risk Management
- Prepare auditable month-end supporting account reconciliations and schedules.
- Prepare local statutory and tax reporting
- Collaborate with audit staff on annual independent audits.
- Thoroughly validate and authenticate vendors/suppliers accounting and documentation for accuracy and compliance before payment transfer
- Work with SPIR II Finance Director to anticipate financial risks, present budget updates and mitigation plan
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
Required Professional Experience:
- At least 4-6 years working experience in an NGO financial management
- BA or MA Degree in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting or related field
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Sun System etc.)
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Able to leverage key opportunities to mitigate business risks
- Excellent working knowledge of US GAAP and government/donor regulations an requirements
- Experience with government grant regulations and financial reporting requirements/ Preferred/Certified Public Accountant or equivalent Preferred
Working Environment / Conditions:
- Office based with travel to the field
- Travel: 15% field Travel
How to Apply
Interested applicants are required to Write Position Title on the subject line and attach Current CV with three references & fill employment application form which can be found http://docs.ethiojobs.net/wve-jaf.pdf ) and email before the closing date of this announcement to Recruitment_ethiopia@wvi.org
World vision has zero tolerance towards abuse and exploitation of children and vulnerable adults. Every prospective employee, volunteer, and intern is obliged to comply by world vision’s child and adult safeguarding policy.”
Note: we do not receive hard copies