Location: Addis Ababa
Closing Date: 17 August 2022
Resilient Farm & Food Systems – Landscapes, Soil Fertility & Water Management
PhD Landscape manage
Senior Scientist – Landscape Management
THIS POSITION IS OPEN TO STAFF MEMBERS OF ICRISAT ONLy. This position WILL BE HIRED THROUGH AN INTERNALLY COMPETITIVE RECRUITMENT PROCESS, ON A CONTRACT FOR A PERIOD OF THREE YEARS. A NEW CONTRACT MAY BE OFFERED AT THE END OF THE PRESENT TENURE BASED ON THE PERFORMANCE OF THE INCUMBENT, FUNDING AVAILABILITY AND THE INSTITUTE’S CONTINUING NEED FOR THE POSITION.
- Contribute to the organizational strategy by innovatively identifying, prioritizing, and managing key research issues in the area of landscapes, soil fertility and water management in Ethiopia.
- Contribute regularly and significantly to top-quality international scientific literature and demonstrate the impact of research and delivery activities.
- Collaborate with national and international partners and stakeholders to achieve the required impact of the institute as research agenda in the global program of Resilient farm and food systems in the cluster of Landscapes, soil fertility and water management.
- Engage with ICRISAT management, donors and partners to better position ICRISAT as research portfolio in Ethiopia.
- Ensure timely utilization of the financial resources allocated for implementing the relevant project activities.
- Build on the development of ICRISAT in Ethiopia as landscape portfolio of work to support the government of Ethiopia as objectives in sustainable land management.
- Contribute the portfolio of work that ICRISAT and partners have developed in Ethiopia to address soil fertility challenges, including evaluating the possibilities of organic fertility amendments and soil health.
- PhD in landscape and water management or other relevant discipline with a minimum of 10 years of experience
- Experience in catchment management would be an added advantage
- Extensive experience in agronomy, specifically targeting fertilizer source and rate and associated decision support tools for use in Ethiopia
- Experience in soil fertility and water management and Soil health investments in Ethiopia
- Extensive experience in project management, reporting, communication
- Experience in leading multicultural, multi-disciplinary scientific teams and ability to work across diverse environments and cultures
- Skills related to integrated crop-livestock systems will be an added advantage.
How to apply:
Applicants should apply on or before 17 August 2022, with their latest Resume, and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable about their professional qualifications and work experience. All applications will be acknowledged; however only short listed candidates will be contacted.
ICRISAT is an equal opportunity employer