Senior Project Officer – Qualitative Monitoring and Reporting
Indefinite Term contingent upon funding of the RFSA program
Program Manager I – Monitoring and Reporting
September 30, 2021
As a lead for the RFSA team on qualitative monitoring and reporting, you will facilitate the achievement of project objectives through coordinating and reporting on all project activities and providing technical guidance and advice to staff and implementing partner(s) advancing Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) work serving the poor and vulnerable. Your coordination and relationship management skills will ensure that the project for which you are responsible applies best practices and constantly works towards improving the impact of its benefits to those we serve. You will guide lead the development of RFSA’s qualitative monitoring strategy and tools. You will also lead the design and execution of high quality qualitative studies to complement the quantitiave monitiorrng approaches. You will build capacity of field teams in utilizaing qualitative monitoring tools ensure that results form qualitative monitoring and studies are used to inform program improvement and reporting. You will guide the team in ensuring performance reports include analysis of qualitative results.
· Organize and lead the implementation of qualitative monitoring strategies and studies as outlined in the detailed implementation plan in line with CRS program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices.
· Ensure learning properly accompanies project activities throughout the project cycle utilizing results from qualitative monitoring and qualitative studies. Support accountability through coordinating project evaluation activities and guiding partners in their efforts to reflect on project experiences. Analyze implementation challenges and report any inconsistencies and/or gaps to inform adjustments to plans and implementation schedules.
· Coordinate and oversee working relationships with all local project stakeholders and serve as the liaison between them and the project team to mobilize local actors and promote project activities and impact.
· Supervise and perform ad-hoc inspections of various processes and resources at project sites to ensure timely project activities implementation and adherence to established process standards and procedures. Ensure proper tracking of resource use for project activities through periodic budget reviews and follow-up with and assistance to implementing partner.
· Support and coordinate capacity building and technical support activities to ensure assigned project activities are implemented per project guidelines and standards.
· Coordinate provision of any logistical and administrative support to staff and partners.
· Ensure project documentation for assigned activities is complete with all required documents and is filed per agency and donor requirements. Assist with preparation of trends analysis reports and documentation of case studies and promising practices
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s Degree required. Degree in social studies or in the field of qualitative research methods would be a plus.
· Minimum of 2-3 years of work experience in project support, ideally in the field of qualitative research and for an NGO.
· Extensive experience working with partners, participatory action planning and community engagement.
· Staff supervision experience a plus.
· Knowledgeable on qualitative research principle, concepts and tools.
· Experience monitoring projects and collecting relevant data.
· Proficient in using qualitative analysis software including Nvivo, Atlas or related software.
· Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
· Analysis and problem-solving skills with ability to make sound judgment
· Good relationship management skills and the ability to work closely with local partners
- Proactive, results-oriented and service-oriented
- Attention to details, accuracy and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities
- Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
· Strategic Mindset
· Accountability & Stewardship
· Builds Relationships
· Develops Talent
· Continuous Improvement & Innovation
How to Apply
How to Apply:
You should fill the application form through the link below:
https://form.jotform.com/212621152924549 and attach your up-to-date CV on / before the application deadline September , 30, 2021.
You will be contacted only if selected for written exam/interview. Phone solicitations will not be accepted. These job opportunities are open to Ethiopian nationals only.
CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking.
** Qualified women are highly encouraged to apply**