Internal/External Job Announcement
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
For nearly 60 years, CRS has taken the lead in responding to natural and man-made disasters affecting Ethiopia’s most vulnerable communities. Moving beyond emergency response, CRS’ disaster mitigation and recovery projects in drought and flood-prone areas have rebuilt individual and community assets through non-food aid in the form of agriculture, livestock, health, nutrition, and water and sanitation assistance. CRS’s humanitarian work in Ethiopia also provides livelihoods support to farmers and entrepreneurs, promotes gender equality, mobilizes for immunization and mitigates the impact of HIV.
As part of CRS family, you will join the more than 5000 strong and vibrant individuals working globally to accomplish the mission of CRS. CRS/Ethiopia invites you, the qualified candidate, to apply for the following position:
Senior Project Officer Monitoring and Reporting
Indefinite Term contingent upon funding of the RFSA program
Program Manager I – Monitoring and Reporting
September 30, 2021
As a lead for the RFSSA field team for Monitoring and Report, you will facilitate the achievement of project objectives through coordinating and reporting on all project activities and providing technical guidance and advice to staff and implementing partner(s) advancing Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) work serving the poor and vulnerable. Your coordination and relationship management skills will ensure that the project for which you are responsible applies best practices and constantly works towards improving the impact of its benefits to those we serve. You will guide the RFSA field team including woreda and partner HQ staff to collect and analyze quantitative data on a routine basis. You will also lead in quality assurence processes to protect and improve quality of reported data.
You will work with other RFSA field staff to prepare high quality performance and monitoring reports and build capacity of partner staff in reporting.
· Organize and lead the implementation of monitoring and reporting initiatives as outlined in the detailed implementation plan in line with CRS program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices.
· Ensure learning properly accompanies project activities throughout the project cycle. Support accountability through coordinating project evaluation activities and guiding partners in their efforts to reflect on project experiences. Analyze implementation challenges and report any inconsistencies and/or gaps to inform adjustments to plans and implementation schedules.
· Coordinate and oversee working relationships with all local project stakeholders and serve as the liaison between them and the project team to mobilize local actors and promote project activities and impact.
· Supervise and perform ad-hoc inspections of various processes and resources at project sites to ensure timely project activities implementation and adherence to established process standards and procedures. Ensure proper tracking of resource use for project activities through periodic budget reviews and follow-up with and assistance to implementing partner.
· Support and coordinate capacity building and technical support activities to ensure assigned project activities are implemented per project guidelines and standards.
· Coordinate provision of any logistical and administrative support to staff and partners.
· Ensure project documentation for assigned activities is complete with all required documents and is filed per agency and donor requirements. Assist with preparation of trends analysis reports and documentation of case studies and promising practices
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s Degree required. Degree in project management, social studies or related field would be a plus.
· Minimum of 2-3 years of work experience in project support, ideally in the field of monitoring, evaluation and reporting and for an NGO.
· Experience working with partners, participatory action planning and community engagement.
· Staff supervision experience a plus.
· Experience monitoring projects and collecting relevant data.
· Experience in developing high quality performance and research reports.
· Proficient in in at least one data analysis software including SPSS, STATA, or R Studio.
· Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
· Analysis and problem-solving skills with ability to make sound judgment
· Good relationship management skills and the ability to work closely with local partners
- Proactive, results-oriented and service-oriented
- Attention to details, accuracy and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilitiesAgency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
· Strategic Mindset
· Accountability & Stewardship
· Builds Relationships
· Develops Talent
· Continuous Improvement & Innovation
How to Apply
You should fill the application form through the link below:
https://form.jotform.com/212621152924549 and attach your up-to-date CV on / before the application deadline September , 30, 2021.
You will be contacted only if selected for written exam/interview. Phone solicitations will not be accepted. These job opportunities are open to Ethiopian nationals only.
CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking.
** Qualified women are highly encouraged to apply**