Internal/External Job Announcement
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
For nearly 60 years, CRS has taken the lead in responding to natural and man-made disasters affecting Ethiopia’s most vulnerable communities. Moving beyond emergency response, CRS’ disaster mitigation and recovery projects in drought and flood-prone areas have rebuilt individual and community assets through non-food aid in the form of agriculture, livestock, health, nutrition, and water and sanitation assistance. CRS’s humanitarian work in Ethiopia also provides livelihoods support to farmers and entrepreneurs, promotes gender equality, mobilizes for immunization and mitigates the impact of HIV.
As part of CRS family, you will join the more than 5000 strong and vibrant individuals working globally to accomplish the mission of CRS. CRS/Ethiopia invites you, the qualified candidate, to apply for the following position:
Senior Project Officer Communications
Indefinite Term contingent upon funding of the RFSA program
Technical Advisor II – Collaboration Learning and Adaptation
September 30, 2021
As a member of the CRS Ethiopia RFSA team, you will lead development and implementation of a comprehensive communication strategy and tools. You will contribute to monitoring and reporting on all RFSA activities in support of Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) work serving the poor and vulnerable. Your thorough and service-oriented approach will ensure that the project consistently applies best practices and constantly works towards improving the impact of its benefits to those we serve. You will works closely with the the CRS Ethiopia Country program and the CRSA East Africa regional office communications staff and CRS HQ communications team to create content and to ensure strategic alignment of communications, consistent messaging and a strong brand identity within the RFSA. You will create content and uses effective communications channels to reach a number of different audiences and help increase RFSA reach just priority stakeholders in the most effective ways. This includes stories, newsletters, multimedia and reports as required, as well as ensuring CRS’ compliance with USAID-BHA branding and marking requirements.
· Write, design and manage the production of creative and compelling communication and marketing material –stories, photos, video, fact sheets, brochures, etc. – for various audiences, including public and private donors, local and national governments, local Church, partners, media and others as needed.
· Coordinate freelancers and other RFSA consultants in the production of above marketing materials as needed.
· Monitor and report any challenges and/or gaps identified to inform adjustments to plans and implementation schedules. Assist partners in their efforts to reflect on project experiences.
· Support accountability through coordinating project evaluation activities and assisting partners in their efforts to collect and analyze project data per specified mechanisms and tools. Collaborate with local partner(s) to prepare reports per established reporting schedule.
· Collect information on staff capacity needs and technical assistance needs of partner organizations and monitor capacity building and technical support activities to ensure effective impact.
· Support the procurement processes for licenses, equipment and applications needed to implement the RFSA communications plan.
· Use and tailor agency messages tailored for each audience and identify and utilize effective distribution channels to disseminate communications materials to key audiences.
· Support the dissemination of relevant information among personnel, partners, and project participants or other relevant actors related to RFSA.
· Provide marketing and communications support for events, including signage, handouts, talking points, photos, liaising with media, etc., and convene local media whenever a CRS event takes place.
· Support the creation of processes, manuals and trainings for RFSA staff and partners on issues related to communications, marketing, and media created for the development of the RFSA.
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience
· Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, or related field
· Minimum two years marketing and communication experience, ideally for an NGO or another organization in development and relief programming. Experience in INGOs or UN preferred.
· Excellent English language oral and written communication skills is required.
· Individual must possess the ability to influence without direct authority
· Ability and desire to work well with diverse employees and customers in a cooperative and friendly manner.
· Demonstrated track record of successfully disseminating information to a variety of target audiences.
· Highly proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and desktop publishing skills is required.
· Experience in Adobe Creative Suite, especially InDesign, is strongly desired.
· Observation, active listening and analysis skills with ability to make sound judgment
· Good relationship management skills and the ability to work closely with local partners and community members
- Attention to details, accuracy and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities
- Proactive, results-oriented and service-oriented
- Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff): These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results. · Strategic Mindset· Integrity
· Accountability & Stewardship
· Builds Relationships
· Develops Talent
· Continuous Improvement & Innovation
How to Apply
You should fill the application form through the link below:
https://form.jotform.com/212621152924549 and attach your up-to-date CV on / before the application deadline September , 30, 2021.
You will be contacted only if selected for written exam/interview. Phone solicitations will not be accepted. These job opportunities are open to Ethiopian nationals only.
CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking.
** Qualified women are highly encouraged to apply**