The center for innovative Drug Development and Therapeutic Trials for Africa (CDT-Africa) is a World Bank supported African Center of Excellence hosted in the College of Health Sciences of Addis Ababa University. The main objective of CDT-Africa is to support equitable access to interventions (Medications, diagnostics, and other interventions) and bring about sustainable development in Africa through high quality capacity development for innovative drug and therapeutic discoveries.
As part of this effort, CDT-Africa would like to hire a Senior Project Manager who can manage CDT-Africa projects. The Senior Project Manager would be linked to the SPARK project (Supporting African communities to increase the Resilience and mental health of Kids with developmental disorders and their caregivers). SPARK is a cluster randomized controlled trial of the WHO Caregiver Skills Training programme for children with developmental disorders. SPARK will be working across the Gurage Zone and in Addis Ababa.
The Role of the Senior Project Manager
The successful applicant will be responsible for the management of CDT-Africa projects, with particular responsibility for SPARK, under the guidance of CDT-Africa Center Lead and study investigators.
- Work closely with project investigators to plan and co-ordinate study activities.
- Prepare activity reports and co-ordinate preparation of financial reports for quarterly reporting to the funder.
- Lead for safeguarding training and development of safeguarding procedures.
- Responsible for ethics protocol submission and processes linked to ethical approval.
- Organise weekly team meetings.
- Support research co-ordinator to prepare for field activities, including planning staff activities, utilisation of cars and financial resources.
- Line management of research co-ordinators, research assistants, field co-ordinators, data collectors and other field staff.
- Work closely with the data manager to ensure implementation of all standardised operating procedures for quality data collection and management.
- Contribute to quantitative data analysis.
- Conduct qualitative data collection and analysis.
- Lead the drafting of manuscripts for peer-reviewed publication.
- Liaise with local and international stakeholders to support engagement in the studies.
- Involvement in research dissemination activities.
- Additional tasks as directed by the Head of the Center or study investigators.
Terms and conditions
- Salary: Negotiable depending on qualifications and experience.
- Hours of Work: Are governed by the laws of Ethiopia. However, the nature of the work is such that it might require working overtime and weekends, with due financial compensation.
- Holidays: Are governed by the rules of Addis Ababa University for project workers.
- Length of Contract: This is a 3 year post subject to six monthly contract renewal.
- Probationary Period and Notice Period: There is a three-month probationary period for this role. The notice period is one month.
No. required : One
Terms of employment : Full-time, 3 year post subject to six monthly contract renewal
Reports to : CDT-Africa Center Lead
- MSc in health-related or social science-related field, with thesis.
- At least 3 years of experience working at least at the level of a research coordinators or above.
- Knowledge of health research essential.
- Experience coordinating a trial or intervention study an advantage.
- Experience preparing reports for international funders essential.
- Experience in working with international collaborators
- Discretion and ability to handle confidential and sensitive information.
- Experience with both qualitative and quantitative research methods and data analysis.
- Strong computer program literacy and knowledge.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills.
How to Apply
- Application should be submitted with a short CV (maximum length 4 pages) and a covering letter (maximum 2 pages) to the HR Department, The Human Resources Office, 1st Floor, College of Health Sciences human Resources Department of the College of Health Sciences (Addis Ababa University): Building, College of Health Sciences, Addis Ababa University, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. The covering letter should describe how you meet the requirements for the position and why you want the job.
- The recruitment will involve a written exam and interview. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Application deadline is 01,2021 until 5:00pm