Purpose of the Job:
Undertake review, analyses and provide feedback on the documentations to be generated from the various functions of the Commission. Contribute to the development of standard tools, templates and working policies and guidelines to standardize the documentation of outputs of the Commission. Support implementation of organization-wide policies, guidelines and initiatives.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research on legal and human rights trends, drafting policies and working procedures accordingly.
- Maintain close partnership with the functions/directorates of the Commission and support to ensure quality of documentation and public outputs of the Commission.
- Review, analyze and provide feedback to improve the quality of investigation and monitoring reports, training manuals and other communication outputs.
- Prepare standard tools, templates, and working policies and guidelines appropriate for the different functions within the Commission.
- Guiding consistent application of working policies, guidelines, tools, and templates developed to guide working practices within the Commission.
- Support and assist in the creation of the Commission’s outputs.
REPORT TO; Director, Law and Policy
DURATION: Open Contract
SALARY RANGE: Gross monthly salary of ETB 22,014.00- ETB 26,219.00 plus ETB 6,000.00 Housing allowance and ETB 1,500.00 Transport allowance, depending on candidates qualification, experience and earning history
Qualifications and Experience:
- MA in Human Rights, LLM in International Law
- 6 years of writing, editing or producing human rights related outputs.
- Computer literate;
- Knowledge of Amharic is required. Knowledge of other local languages is advantageous;
How to Apply
Interested candidates should write a covering letter, explaining why they are interested in this role, why they are the right person for the job with a recent CV which should be sent to the following email address: HRM@ehrc.org
Please include the name of the position on the subject of the email
Women candidates are encouraged to apply
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview and written exam
Deadline for applications: Wednesday 6th of October, 2021.