Population Media Center-Ethiopia (PMC-E) is a US-based international nonprofit organization that specializes in developing a research-based multimedia communication strategy for social development. PMC uses entertaining education and mass media to empower people to live healthier and more prosperous lives. PMC-Ethiopia was established in 2000 and has impacted lives across Ethiopia for nearly two decades.
PMC-E is implementing a multi-media Social Behavioral Change (SBC) project to address the issues of Sexual and gender-Based Violence (SGBV), Female Genetic Mutilation (FGM), and Child Marriage, and other social problems. PMC-E wishes to produce and publish a book on real-life stories for circulation to different audiences.
Thus, PMC-E seeks to invite all interested professionals who satisfy the requirements for the position of Senior Accountant.
Duties and Responsibility
- Maintain accounting records in line with Headquarters & Donors requirements based on PMC-Ethiopia’s Financial Policy and Accounting Procedure Manual and Donors need.
- Maintain complete records for fixed assets and consumables take physical count (physical inventory) of the items as per PMC-E policy and produce the report.
- Prepare, record, and follow-up collections, deposits, and payments.
- Prepare financial statements on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Collect bank advice deposit slips and bank statements from banks.
- Prepare bank and fund reconciliations monthly.
- Prepare payment vouchers and cheques and ensure that complete supporting documents such as proforma invoices, purchase orders, receipt vouchers, payment requests, good receiving note (GRN) are attached to receipts and expenditures.
- Prepare disbursement reports at the end of each month and quarter and when required in line with the funding agencies requirements and as deemed necessary for PMC management.
- Close the books of accounts at the end of each fiscal year and get the books of accounts examined by PMC’s external auditors.
- Participate in the preparation of PMC’s annual budget including the necessary budget for project proposals.
- Prepare and avail on monthly basis all the necessary financial information and fund status reports such as budget allocated, amounts received, amounts utilized and available fund balance by sources of funds for management and partners’ use.
- Handle store records for expendable and non-expendable items including receiving and issue documents.
- Perform other related activities as assigned by the Finance Manager
Required number: 1
Employment Duration: One-year contract and will be renewed on availability of fund and performance of the employee
- BA Degree in Accounting
- Six years of experience in managing the accounts of NGOs, international funding agencies and/or projects financed by donor agencies for holders.
- Computer literate with efficient performance in the use and application of computer software particularly Peachtree Accounting, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Word.
- Reporting multi-donor reports using excel and Peachtree accounting or any related financial software.
- Excellent communication skills, (English and Amharic)
- Ability to use the advanced software in accounting/ finance
- excellent report writing
- Experience in IPSAS reporting
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants should submit their non-returnable application letter along with CV and supportive documents through firstname.lastname@example.org within 10 (Ten) working days from the day of this announcement.
The organization (PMC-E) has a zero tolerance to Sexual Exploitation (SEA) and Child Abuse. Therefore, the employee shall take all appropriate measures to prevent sexual exploitation or abuse of anyone or any colleague or other persons engaged with him/her to perform any services under this Agreement. Any breach of this provision shall entitle PMC-E to terminate the Agreement with immediate effect