iMMAP is an international nongovernmental organisation that provides information management services to humanitarian and development organizations. Through information management, we help our partners target assistance to the world’s most vulnerable populations. Our core philosophy is that better data leads to better decisions and that better decisions lead to better outcomes. iMMAP’s critical support to information value chains helps to solve operational and strategic challenges of our partners in both emergency and development contexts by enabling evidence-based decision-making for better outcomes.
iMMAP under its ECHO funded project is aiming at providing IM support tailored to the needs of humanitarian actors responding to the crisis in Ethiopia. To help achieve this, iMMAP will conduct three core activities: 1. support to multi sectoral needs assessments, 2. production of humanitarian situation analysis reports through secondary data review, 3. provide dedicated IM support to the Protection Cluster as well as its sub-sectors (Child Protection, Gender Based Violence and House, Land and Properties Working Group). For activity 2, iMMAP seeks to hire an information management officer/Secondary Data Review who will be based in Addis Ababa to support the production of Situational Analysis reports.
Description of Duties
- Ensure timely preparation and generation of information products, and support information sharing and dissemination through web platforms to all relevant humanitarian implementing partners.
- Identify barriers to information collection, collation, analysis, and sharing
- Compilation and processing of information on the flows and sectoral needs
- Design and implement analysis methodology in collaboration with iMMAP analysts globally and other humanitarian partners
- Proactively analyze information from sector partners, government authorities, academia, and other actors
- Identify gaps in information and join efforts to fill them
- Provide high-quality research and analysis following an evidence-based approach and ensure thorough documentation of the methodology
- Utilize both open-source research and secondary data to investigate cross-sectoral issues in the Country as needed
- Support joint analysis of secondary data through DEEP platform
- Ensure proper DEEP use and adequate tagging of leads
- Design and adjust the analysis framework on DEEP and ensure the team is trained to use it
- Adapt appropriate existing IM tools including that available in-country (including from other sectors) and global level
- As appropriate, design data collection forms, ensuring that the purpose and use of all data collected are clear, collectible, and easily collectible, highlighting where potential problems might arise; organize and manage the data input and initial analysis and presentation of data for the sector
- Develop standard formats for, and regular output of publication of materials and statistics highlighting the humanitarian situation in the country upon request
- Collect and consolidate data from various external partners
- Map assistance coverage in the specified area, analyze and report the potential gaps
- Produce, and share maps illustrating the scale/coverage of assistance
- Record, document, and share coordination meeting minutes
- Maintain file databases, and provide data entry if required
SDR report writing
- Prepare a report outline based on the context and the minimum standards
- Prepare or customize research interpretation sheets
- Strictly follow the iMMPA brand book and report templates
- Follow the SDR life cycle and document every step accordingly
- Produce report review and dissemination plan
- Attending periodic information management meetings with the iMMAP IMO team also share updates on ongoing IM products and activities and promote good practices in the organization
- Other relevant duties as assigned by the line manager
- Ensure the project is implemented in line with the donor proposal and requirements
- Ensure products and reports developed in the framework of the project respect quality standards and guidelines
- Build on lessons learned
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, economics, statistics, political science, social sciences, and other similar areas or relevant humanitarian experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of work experience, experience with the humanitarian ecosystem is desirable.
- At least 2 years of experience in data/information management and analysis.
- Experience in developing analytical frameworks, analytical processes and implementing analytical projects.
- Experience in developing software solutions, dashboards, infographics
- Experience in desk review and research.
- Experience in implementing projects with qualitative and quantitative data collection techniques and approaches.
- An understanding of the analysis spectrum and specific analytical techniques to ensure each level of analysis is covered, i.e., descriptive, explanatory, interpretive, anticipative, and prescriptive analysis.
- Knowledge of techniques and criteria to assess the reliability of sources and credibility of information.
- An ability to work with both quantitative and qualitative data.
- Ability to analyze and synthesize qualitative and quantitative information from a wide range of sources.
- An understanding of the main analytical standards used to assess the quality and credibility of analysis.
- Effective communication skills to work among clusters, agencies, humanitarian partners, and Government counterparts.
- Good organizational skills to deliver products on time and with quality.
- Excellent analytical writing skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to understand and adapt to complex and dynamic situations.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Good facilitation skills to achieve strong consensus between stakeholders.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office packages with strong skills in Excel is mandatory.
- Knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and Adobe InDesign is mandatory.
- Knowledge of The DEEP platform (https://www.thedeep.io/) is an advantage.
- Knowledge of Premise (https://www.premise.com/) is an advantage.
Personnel is expected to conduct itself in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and iMMAP’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all Countries.
iMMAP has zero-tolerance for sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, human trafficking, child abuse and exploitation. Any violations of these principles and policies will be treated as serious misconduct.
iMMAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of background.