Under the overall guidance of the Immunization Strengthening Project Manager, the SBCC Officer is responsible for the coordination and support of implementation of the Project’s behaviour change communication activities in the project implementation woredas and refugee camps in Gambella Regional State. The post holder will also be responsible to support, follow up, and ensure demand creation activities of the project are implemented, monitored, supervised and reported. S/he will be responsible to support assessments designed to understand specific gender related barriers to immunization service utilization, and closely work with the Project team in the region, implementation woredas, ARRA and the technical team in Addis for the development of strategies, aligned with government community mobilization strategies, to address those barriers to immunization service delivery and utilization. S/he will contribute to the development and review of IEC/BCC messages / materials in collaboration with other program staff and relevant stakeholders. S/he will contribute to the documentation of lessons, evaluation/ documentation of the impact of BCC activities in collaboration with other stakeholders.
|Place of Work||Gambella FO|
|Program/Unit||Integrated Immunization Project|
|Monthly Salary in ETB||As per the organization scale|
|No. of Positions||One (1)|
|Duration of Contract||1 year with high possibility of extension|
KEY Roles and Responsibilities
- With guidance from the Immunization Strengthening Project Manager, support the implementation of the project demand creation activities in the location
- Closely work with key RHB and other key stakeholders to develop and implement locally relevant and feasible SBCC strategies for immunization service
- Support the design and implementation of SBCC related assessments in the project areas
- Contribute to the development and review of SBCC messages / materials in collaboration with other program staff, relevant Governmental offices, Partners and community representatives.
- Support development and review of relevant training materials and job aids.
- Organize and execute community SBCC campaigns in collaboration with other stakeholders.
- Support the design of appropriate monitoring and evaluation tools for SBCC activities in collaboration with other stakeholders, Project Manager, M&E Officer and technical advisor
- Support assessments of gender related barriers on immunization service uptake in the implementation areas
- Support the evaluation/documentation of the impact of SBCC activities in collaboration with other stakeholders
- Participate in all Save the Children initiated as well as multi-stakeholders’ advocacy activities, forums and networks aimed at raising the profile of immunization issues as assigned
- Undertake regular documentation of activities including lessons learned and success stories.
- Document lessons learned, and write case stories in immunization related community mobilization activities and report on a regular basis
- Prepare and submit regular updates and reports to Immunization Strengthening Project Manager as per agreed frequency and formats
- Conduct regular field visits to undertake, support, monitor and document BCC activities in the implementation areas
- Participate in joint field visits, review meetings and planning meetings.
KILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
Honest, encourages openness and transparency
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in the field of Public Health, Nursing, Health Education, or related health fields
- 4-5 years relevant experience with at least three years in an INGO environment implementing SBCC activities and preferably in the immunization program
- Computer literacy in all the Microsoft Office applications, and internet literacy are required
- Experience in research, including qualitative methodologies is required
- Experience in working with multicultural team and complex projects
- Good understanding of the Health Extension Program is a plus,
- Good communication skills
- Fluency in English, writing and speaking
- Ability to work in team, strong negotiation and analytical skills; ability to multitask and work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Willingness to extensively travel to project implementation woredas
- Understanding of the local culture
- Commitment to Save the Children values
This role is offered on the basis of national terms and conditions only.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at https://stcuk.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobsearch.ftl
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.