Purpose of the position:
The Rig Mechanic is responsible for sustainable functionality of drilling rigs, compressors, support trucks and light vehicles so as to ensure smooth drilling operation. Furthermore, communicate World Vision’s Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
· Regularly inspect and maintain records on the condition of drilling machine, compressors, trucks and field vehicles for the smooth drilling operation
· Engaged in the routine, periodic and annual services of drilling machine, compressors, on-boarded engines, trucks, and light vehicles.
· Identify and troubleshoot drilling machines and trucks problems and timely report for needed replacement or purchases of spare parts if any.
· Engage in preparation of detail specification of spare parts and fast moving parts and request for purchase and follow up the procurement process.
· Keep records of moving spare parts, replaced parts and maintenance works/history.
· Track inspection of the rigs, compressors and support trucks by mechanic drivers and truck drivers is done regularly.
· Compile and monitor vehicles log sheets.
· Provide the necessary technical guidance and support for mechanic drivers and truck drivers.
· Promote major cross cutting themes including environment, gender, protection, disability, peace building and Christian commitment.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
Required Professional Experience:
· 8 years of experience
· NGO work experience preferably working in maintenance of drilling rigs and compressors
Education, training, license, registration, and certification
· Diploma in Auto mechanics
· Training or experience on maintenance of water well drilling rigs and compressor
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications:
· Demonstrated ability on maintenance of rigs and compressors
· Driving license Grade 3 or equivalent is mandatory
· Basic computer knowledge (Word, Excel, Outlook, power-point)
· Ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with respect for diversity
Travel and/or Work Environment
· Travel to sites (about 50%) domestic
How to Apply
Interested applicants are required to Write Position Title on the subject line and attach Current CV with three references & fill employment application form which can be found http://docs.ethiojobs.net/wve-jaf.pdf ) and email before the closing date of this announcement to Recruitment_ethiopia@wvi.org or through ethiojobs.net.
World vision has zero tolerance towards abuse and exploitation of children and vulnerable adults. Every prospective employee, volunteer, and intern is obliged to comply by world vision’s child and adult safeguarding policy.”
Note: we do not receive hard copies