· Help us end avoidable blindness in Ethiopia
· Assist us to strengthen local health systems
· Leading International Development Organization in the area of eye health
· The position will be based at Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
The Fred Hollows Foundation is one of Australia’s most respected and trusted international development organisations whose vision is to end avoidable blindness and ensure the work of Fred Hollows lives on.
Ethiopia is one of The Foundations largest funded programs, focused on the Elimination of Trachoma. Up until now our program has focused on the complex and direct delivery of services to help those in need. With strong foundations in place, we are now looking to enter into a new phase of our programming building on the work that we have already done.
About the Position
Specific responsibilities include:
· Proactively offer support and respond to requests for research technical support from global program managers. The type and level of support will be negotiated on a case by case basis, and may include assistance with research design, project planning, project establishment and staffing, project implementation, data analysis, research reporting and knowledge translation.
· Research grant development to secure funds for research projects. These may be projects initiated by the Research Advisor or this may involve provision of support to program managers wishing to secure funding for research projects they have initiated. It is expected that the Research Advisor will support development of >4 research grant proposals each year.
· Where appropriate, act as chief or co-investigator on studies and provide ongoing project management and technical support for a portfolio of research studies as required.
· Engage in partner and donor engagement activities to contribute to strengthening the profile of The Foundation’s research and attracting and retaining high quality research partners and donors.
To be successful in this role, we are seeking someone with the following experience and skills
- Postgraduate Degree in Public Health, International Development, or related field
- At least 5 years strong experience in international development or public health
- Strong experience in identifying strategic research opportunities
Strong experience acting as chief investigator, co-investigator, or project manager on research projects – including experience designing research studies, developing research protocols and data collection tools, and undertaking and/or coordinating research in low resource settings.
How to Apply
Applications should be made via our website: http://www.hollows.org/au/careers/current-vacancies and should include your resume and cover letter addressing all areas expressed in the ‘experience, skills & attributes’ section of the Role Purpose as well as details of your current and expected salary
Applications close: October 6, 2021
The Fred Hollows Foundation is committed to protecting the rights of children in all areas where we work. Applicants are advised that The Foundation reserves the right to conduct police checks and other screening procedures to ensure we maintain and promote a child safe environment.
The Fred Hollows Foundation – Ethiopia (FHF-E) has been re-registered and licensed by The Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia Organizations Of Civil Societies in accordance with the Organizations Of Civil Societies Proclamation No.1113/2019 and certificate number 2985, on May 20/2019.
To be eligible to apply for this position you must have the appropriate right to work in Ethiopia.