Mercy Corps is an international, Non-governmental humanitarian relief and development organization that exists to alleviate suffering and poverty by helping people build secure, productive, and sustainable community driven changes.
The ‘Strengthened Socio-Economic Development and Better Employment Opportunities for Refugees and host Communities in the Jigjiga Area’ (STEDE programme) is a 44-month, €10 million programme implemented by Mercy Corps in partnership with the Danish Refugee Council (DRC) and funded by a grant from the EU Trust Fund (EUTF). The action began in June 2019 and aims to improve employment and livelihood opportunities for up to 54,000 vulnerable refugees and host community individuals, contributing to the Government of Ethiopia’s commitment to the Comprehensive Refugee Response Framework (CRRF) pledge.
Mercy Corps in partnership with Jigjiga City Administration would wish to invite all eligible Consultants with renewed license and registration for the year 2013 EC to support in Reviewing, recommending and updating solid waste management policy of Jigjiga City Administration (detailed information is indicated in the ToR).
How to Apply
- A complete Terms of Reference (ToR) can be obtained in Mercy Corps Jigjiga Office as of Sept 14th 2021 located at Jijiga kebele 06, Zone 5 infront of IRC or around Horn College.
- Proposals should be submitted in a sealed envelope on or before the closing date of Sept 27, 2021, 4:00 pm to the same address.
- Interested Eligible bidders may obtain further information from: MERCY CORPS Ethiopia, Jigjiga field office, Tel+251-257752285Fax +251-257752457,
- Bidders are requested to fill the necessary details in the instruction of the ToR.
- Completion time is 50 calendar days for completing the whole work including submission of final review report
- Bidders should be VAT registered and have the certificate.
- MERCY CORPS reserves the right to accept or reject any or all bids.