Purpose of the Job:
- To receive human rights complaints and process through the case management system. Maintain record of cases, issue summons and copies of decisions with the direction of case managers. Maintain communication with complainants.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Rule on admissibility and preside over proceedings, as appropriate.
- Has principal user responsibility for a state-of-the-art on-line/manual interactive case management system,
- Oversees compilation, recording, verification, and dissemination of all data related to complaint lodging and processing
- Provides information, assistance and referrals to people who come to lodge complaints
- Work with case managers to issue summons and decisions
- Serves as a resource to the commission’s community regarding complaint receiving, directing, and handling system.
- Input reviews of systems, policies, guidelines, manuals, tools; and recommends changes.
- Aggregate data on compliant handling process, response time and thematic areas
REPORTS TO: Coordinator, Monitoring and Investigation/Regional Director
DURATION: Open Contract
SALARY RANGE; Gross monthly salary of ETB 22,014.00 – ETB 26,219.00 plus ETB 6,000.00 Housing allowance and ETB 1,500.00 Transport allowance, depending on candidates qualification, experience and earning history
Qualifications and Experience:
- MA/BA in Human Rights , LLM in International Law, LLM in law(Public Law relevant to human Rights)
- Candidates with bachelor of Law (LLB) but with exceptional experience can be considered.
- 5 years of relevant experience for MA.
- Computer literate.
- Knowledge of Amharic and English is required.
- Knowledge of other local languages is advantageous.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should write a covering letter, explaining why they are interested in this role, why they are the right person for the job with a recent CV which should be sent to the following email address: email@example.com
Please include the name of the position on the subject of the email
Women candidates are encouraged to apply
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview and written exam
Deadline for applications: Wednesday 6th of October, 2021.