The regional Field Epidemiologist will support the implementation and rollout of the Ethiopian HIV case-based surveillance (CBS) in Gambella region. In coordination with the Gambella Regional Health Bureau (RHB) ICAP’s Gambella Regional director and other ICAP surveillance team members, she/he will develop periodic implementation plan, organizes, coordinate, and facilitate capacity building activities through provision of training of trainers (TOT) and rollout training. She/he will undertake continuous monitoring of implementing HIV CBS including site readiness assessment, supportive supervision, and mentorship on the implementation of HIV CBS and rapid test for recent infection (RTRI) and undertake data analysis and visualization of the program data and producing quarterly surveillance reports.
- Support the RHB in planning, capacity building, and implementing HIV CBS Actively work with the central and regional ICAP SI teams and RHB in cascading the HIV CBS system into selected health facilities,
- Conduct site readiness assessment for new HIV CBS health facilities,
- Ensure that the health facilities have the necessary supplies for HIV CBS such as a lockable file cabinet, 3G Dongle, CRF pad, a recency kit, SOPs, and registers,
- Ensure RTRI is conducted using Asante HIV -1 rapid test for all eligible HIV infected cases at health facilities including that QC methods are implemented and review the results,
- Ensure the implementation of individual level response in all the CBS facilities using the SOP and individual level response tracker,
- Prepare weekly activity plan and report and submit to central team,
- Conduct continuous and periodic monitoring in health facilities implementing HIV CBS .
- Provide technical assistance and on-the-job training on CBS documentation and reporting,
- Ensure data quality mainly data completeness (Form, report/event, representativeness), timeliness, and accuracy/validity in the health facilities
- Create, analyze, and visualize program performance reports and distribute to towns, woredas, and facilities.
- Apply informatics principles, such as data collection, processing, and analysis, to support epidemiologic practice,
- Formulate new interventions based on evidence when available, and control measures in response to epidemiologic findings,
- Closely follow and support the selected show-case CBS facilities that serve as model to in all aspects of the HIV CBS activities,
· Participate in supportive supervisions at national, regional, and sub-regional level,
- Facilitate regional, zonal and Woreda level review meetings,
- Carry out other activities as needed.
- MD or master’s degree in public health, preferably with a laboratory background
- must have more than 5 years’ experience in public health system .
- The incumbent needs to have basic computer skills in Epi Info, SPSS, STATA, and it is preferable if the incumbent has basic experience in database and data visualization software like Tableau. Microsoft Power bi is an advantage.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English as well as the working languages of the respective regions
- Previous experience working with the RHB, Zonal Health Departments, and/or Woreda Health Offices is advantageous.
- Capability to establish and maintain a productive working relationship with the local health office and its associate
How to Apply
Only online applications are received
Click hear to apply
NB – Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Closing date for receiving applications is – October 26, 2021