|Receptionist – Ethiopia Country Office
|LOCATION: Addis Ababa
Post Type: National
Level 3 – the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people
Under the Guidance and Supervision of the Travel and ticket officer, the Receptionist is
accountable for performing quality, efficient and hands-on services through operating a telephone
Switchboard as well as a fax machine to take and relay messages and handle the national ticket request.
|SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to:- Admin officer –Travel and Ticket.
Dimensions: Save the Children works in – regions in Ethiopia with a current staff complement of approximately — staff and current expenditure of approximately $90+ million each year.
Staff directly reporting to this post: None
|KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Receiving/transferring a call
- Activate alerts switchboard during the organization business hours receiving and transferring telephone calls.
- Ensure all voice messages to main office number are taken and directed to staff members.
- Report telephone equipment and line faults to the maintenance team/service provider
- Handles general communication of incoming and outgoing phones for SCI
- Review and update on a regular basis the staff contact and telephone extension lists.
- Provide sim cards for the staff based on the organization procedure
- Collect and update staff list, field offices and contact detail regularly.
- Supports staff in making international calls, registers the number called and purpose (official/personal);
- Verifies telephone bills and passes to the budget holder for payment approval;
- Maintains and operates quality and efficient communication services through Operating a telephone switchboard and fax machine.
- Follows-up settlement of personal call charges by individual staff members;
- Ensure short term visitors have returned mobile and sim cards before their departure
- Ensure the service lines cancels as soon as post-paid sim-cards returned from staff.
- Greet and welcome visitors to the Office during the office hours, informing the relevant member of staff of their arrival.
- Monitor and ensure that the reception area is kept tidy
- Assists staff that comes from Impact Area/Project Sites in locating offices/staff;
- Ensures that the reception area is quiet and neat professional working atmosphere;
- Receives guests and directs to the appropriate office after checking that they have appointment;
- Process and deliver internal and external mail daily. Check that costs are charged to the appropriate Programme and ensure the payment is processed timely.
- Sends and receives mails, parcels official business and personal effects to International and sub-area, regional offices, through EAL, DHL, Post Office or hand carried by SCI staff, or visitors. And checks the airway bill documents and effect the payment with finance.
- Maintains confidentiality in all aspects of visitor, staff and Organization information
- Receives and registers all incoming correspondences, sort out and distributes to the appropriate department unit
- Works closely with the Admin. Assistants, office Driver, and Refreshment Staff for efficient services.
- Digitize all the incoming and outgoing letter and encode to the system
- Prepare letter in business language and local language
- Closely work with Ethiopian Airlines for the issuance of the ticket
- Prepare payment for the used tickets
- Ensure that non-used tickets are reimbursed from travel agents or service providers
- Prepare and circulate monthly travel track report including UNHAS and air ticket payments on monthly basis
- Follow-up and keep up to date record on flight schedule national flights.
- Prepare monthly report regarding all activities of reception, telephone bill, domestic flight and UNHAS.
- Report the overall activities of national ticker issuance, payment related to telephone, ticket and other related activities on a monthly basis.
- Perform other related tasks as required
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
- Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency
|QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum Degree in Management, accounting ,Office management or equivalent
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience in office management, program support and documentation activities
- Preferable work experience as a Receptionist in Non-Government organizations
- Excellent knowledge of customer service principles and practices
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Must show good manners with staff and guests
- Applicants should have very good computer skills, especially in Word, Excel, Power Point,
Microsoft Outlook and Internet; training in operating a telephone switchboard,
Knowledge of Amharic software is desirable.
- Self-starter, energetic, able to work under stressful conditions and willing to work out of working hours.
- Minimum of two years of experience.
- Commitment to SCI’s aims, values and principles
- Excellent communication skills.