Deadline: Jun 28, 2022
ABOUT AACC: AACC is a continental ecumenical body that accounts for over 140 million Christians across the African continent. AACC is the largest association of Protestant, Anglican, Orthodox and Indigenous churches in Africa and is a member of the worldwide ecumenical network. AACC is a fellowship of 204 members comprising of Churches, National Councils of Churches (NCCs), Theological and lay training institutions and other Christian organisations in 43 African countries. Its vision is “Churches in Africa together for life, peace, justice and dignity”.
Under the direct supervision of the Office Manager at the Liaison Office to the African Union, the Property Clerk Cum Office Assistant will ensure overall maintenance of the AACC building. This entails ensuring that all systems are working (water tanks, elevator, neatness of the compound in liaison with the cleaners and the security guards, ensuring the AACC storeroom has order etc); and will also deliver mail, photocopying including organizing outsourced printing).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Providing front desk / office reception duties for the Liaison Office including;
- receiving and registering visitors, service providers plus providing appropriate information to inquiries (by telephone or in person);
- Managing the Liaison office storeroom and ensuring that items are stored properly;
- Assisting in registering and tagging / labelling the Liaison office fixed assets on conjunction with the Office Accountant;
- Ensuring that there is water in the building, and a functioning water reticulation to supply the tanks on top of the building, which includes monitoring the level of water so that the building does not run out of water;
- Liaising with the tenants on water leaks, and ensuring timely repairs and renovations;
- Ensuring power backup systems are working and repaired as required;
- Ensuring the compound is kept clean with no heaps of garbage on any corners etc;
- Assisting the Office Manager in:
- purchasing office supplies and other materials;
- photocopying, collating and stapling of documents, scanning etc;
- preparing meeting rooms, meeting folders, and ensuring teas for meetings etc. are ready;
- sending letters out for postage, courier etc.
- Ensuring all office equipment such as copiers, phones, scanners are serviced and working;
- Driving and accompanying visitors in and around Addis Ababa for meetings etc;
- Undertake any other duties assigned to him/her.
RESOURCES MANAGED (STAFF AND EXPENDITURE): No line management responsibilities.
DURATION OF CONTRACT: 1 ½ years (One and a half years).
START DATE: 1st August, 2022.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A high school Diploma.
- Post High School qualification. A certificate related to real estate management/ logistics/administration is an added advantage.
- Knowledge and ability to operate basic office equipment such as computers and scanners.
- Ability to read, write and speak English is an added advantage.
- A clean light motor vehicle license is a must.
- Experience working in a similar position in the private sector, INGO or local NGO.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES:
- Proactive and ability to work independently.
- Ability to work fast and cope under pressure.
- Attention to detail.
- Mature, presentable and with good morals.
- Ability to work in a team.
How to Apply
Applications should be accompanied by:
- A Cover Letter.
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae including Names and Addresses of 3 (three) referees.
- Certified copies of both academic and professional qualifications.
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria should send their applications to:
Director – African Union Office and Advocacy
All Africa Conference of Churches
Ledeta Sub-City, Woreda 08, Kebele 13, House 330,
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Or email to: email@example.com
The deadline for submission is 28th June, 2022.
Only short-listed applicants meeting the above requirements will be contacted.