REACH Ethiopia is a non-political, non-religious, non-racial, and non-profit-making development Organization that has been registered by Charities and Societies Agency as Ethiopian Residents Charity bearing certificate No. 3020. REACH Ethiopia envisions contributing the development and wellbeing of humanity through innovation and maximizing the utilization of opportunity available for the generation. The major goal of REACH Ethiopia is health service delivery commitment and contributing its part to improve the general health service and wellbeing of the disadvantaged community in move towards the sustainable development goal.
REACH Ethiopia is currently implementing USAID Urban TB LON and Eliminate TB Projects in 2 City Administration (Addis Ababa and Dire Dawa) and 3 Regional States (Harari, Sidama and SNNPR) to contribute toward ending Tuberculosis through finding missing people with TB to access early diagnosis, care and treatment services. There is a project funded by Stop TB Partnership – TB REACH WAVE 9 Grant – on improving the treatment outcome of DR-TB Patients in the two TICs (Alert and St. Peter’s Hospitals) in Addis Ababa.
REACH Ethiopia is seeking a Projects Implementation Director for USAID Urban TB LON and other projects. The Director will oversee the full portfolio of the three projects that REACH Ethiopia currently implements. The Projects Implementation Director will lead the program department in meeting project and program objectives, and will be responsible for management of program-implementing staff at headquarters and in field offices. REACH Ethiopia has undergone rapid expansion and change over the last one-year, and this position offers the opportunity to lead a department, and an organization, in developing and refining its program management procedures to solidify its successes and help to chart its future growth. The Projects Implementation Director will report directly to the Executive Director.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee all program activities (USAID Urban TB LON, Eliminate TB, TB REACH Wave 9 Projects) including the management of program staff.
- Lead the development of organizational programmatic and project related implementation plans.
- Lead the development of organizational annual plans and reports as per both government and donor requirements.
- Lead the development and revision of REACH Ethiopia long-term and short-term plans (strategic and annual plans), project implementation and monitoring and evaluation plans
- Continually monitor and evaluate program implementation to determine necessary adaptations to meet program goals and objectives
- Prepare timely donor and internal reports, including reports to the Executive Director and Board of Management.
- Review departmental policies and procedures, identifying gaps and setting benchmarks to ensure effective program implementation, communication, monitoring and reporting
- Travel regularly to program sites to ensure project objectives are being met and headquarters is closely connected to field operations.
- Develop and maintain relationships with donors, NGOs, local and international partners and publicly represent REACH Ethiopia and its values
- Contribute to the organizations budget development including forecasting
- Engage in ongoing development of program department best practices in order to ensure consistently excellent service delivery
- Cultivate existing and new stakeholder relationships in order to generate new projects in collaboration with the Director of Planning and M&E.
Contract term: Full time Position, Fixed term contract
Number of positions: One
- MD plus Master’s degree in a relevant field such as in public health, global health, development, or public policy required;
- Minimum five years of project management experience involving field staff and direct programming;
- Familiarity with USAID and other donor-funded projects, including experience with reporting and budget management
- Demonstrated management experience, preferably involving management of both program staff and technical experts
- Self-motivated and self-directed, with ability to work independently and initiate new activities
- Team player attitude and demonstrated leadership skills
- High degree of flexibility to work in an innovative, fast-paced environment and readily embrace change
- Dynamic problem-solver with strong attention to detail
- Flexible and able to prioritize and multi-task
- Strong communication skills both verbally and written
How to Apply
Only candidates meeting the required qualifications and experience are invited to send their application letter, Updated CV and summary of relevant work experience in one page to firstname.lastname@example.org within 5 working days from the first appearance of the announcement.