DMC Construction P.l.c is a first class General Contractor (GC-1) chartered in Ethiopia to provide services in civil work projects, mainly road construction and maintenance, building construction and maintenance, water works, airfield construction, water works construction, etc., would like to invite competent Candidates for the vacant position of Project Planner/Scheduler.
Tasks, duties, and responsibilities.
- Create, monitor, and analyze project schedules in accordance with standard of best project practice
- Track, analyze, and report information appropriately to allow the project teams to manage their projects and evaluate weekly reports
- Ensure accuracy of project schedules and performed version control
- Co-ordinate project schedules, tasks, meeting updates, and efficient distribution of reports
- Prepare, implement, and monitor scopes of work using Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) for control and integrity
- Monitor projects’ progress, including identifying critical activities and reviewing forecasts and progress achieved to date
- Maintain project risk register to ensure that risks are effectively managed to minimize their impact on schedule, scope, and budget of projects
- Track baselines, perform what-if analysis, and develop contingency plans
- Developing conceptual models for Business Capability traceability matrix to explain processes to all levels of users
- Perform coordination of cross-functional departments to identify project issues, monitor action items, and work with the project manager to ensure resolution.
- Troubleshoot and monitor potential scheduling problems.
- Facilitate and participate in weekly schedule reviews.
- Consulting with project managers and technical experts to set up assignments, tasks, and sub-tasks.
- Developing, implementing, and maintaining an effective scheduling management system.
- Coordinating project timelines with internal departments and external stakeholders.
- Identifying potential project schedule delays and facilitating intervention in a timeous manner.
- Evaluating performance and preparing project progress reports.
- Accommodating updates and changes to project schedules.
- Recommending actions to keep projects within budget, and completed on time.
- Keeping stakeholders informed of project timelines and deadlines.
- Documenting project scheduling processes and maintaining records.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or above, A minimum of Three years’ experience in Planning, Scheduling, Monitoring or works as a project scheduler in a related industry.
- Advanced proficiency in project scheduling software such as Primavera P6 or MS project.
- Extensive experience in schedule planning and management.
- In-depth knowledge of the scope of projects within the industry.
- Advanced ability to evaluate project progress and facilitate interventions.
- Ability to keep stakeholders informed of project timelines and changes.
- Excellent organizational, time-management, and communication skills.
- Strong communication skills – written and verbal
- Good analytical and planning skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in MS-office.
- Must have good attention to details.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Good working ethics and ability to treat documents with confidentiality
- Ability to work effectively within a team setting and also to provide leadership when required to do so.
- Creative and innovative with assignments. Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability in work style to better respond to multiple requests/tasks and handle sudden changes in priorities.
How to Apply
Apply by attaching and sending your application letter, CV, and other supporting
documents to the email address: – firstname.lastname@example.org or
Only short-listed candidates will be considered for the position
Important: Please State the Job Position in the Subject Title of the Email.
Deadline: October 10, 2021