Project Officer – Youth
Indefinite Term contingent upon funding of the RFSA program
Technical Advisor I – Youth
September 30, 2021
As a member of the Resilience Food Security Activity (RFSA)/Ifaa project team, you will monitor and report on all project activities in support of Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) work serving the poor and vulnerable. Your thorough and service-oriented approach will ensure that the project consistently applies best practices and constantly works towards improving the impact of its benefits to those we serve.
· Support the coordination and implementation of all assigned project activities as outlined in the detailed implementation plan in line with CRS program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices.
· Monitor and report any challenges and/or gaps identified to inform adjustments to plans and implementation schedules. Assist partners in their efforts to reflect on project experiences.
· Support accountability through coordinating project evaluation activities and assisting partners in their efforts to collect and analyze project data per specified mechanisms and tools. Collaborate with local partner(s) to prepare reports per established reporting schedule.
· Support integration, collaboration and accountability between DFSA Purposes through ensuring youth integration/mainstreaming throughout Ifaa interventions.
· Support in identifying and establish partnership and linkage between relevant gov’t and private sectors in Ifaa operational areas.
· Collect information on staff capacity needs and technical assistance needs of partner organizations and monitor capacity building and technical support activities to ensure effective impact.
· Develop/adapt youth development specific tools to the needs of the project staff and monitor the application/use. Provide technical support to local partners to build skills and develop effective strategies to develop and implement youth responsive projects/program.
· Support MEAL team to include youth perspective in research, mid-term and end line evaluations and mainstream sex and age disaggregated and youth-sensitive indicators into the overall MEAL framework.
· Complete project documentation for assigned activities. Assist with identifying information for case studies and reports on promising practices.
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree preferred.
· Minimum of 2 years of work experience in project support. Experience in the field of youth programming and for an NGO would be a plus.
· Experience with conducting youth analyses, assessments and evaluations and other youth-related research, including applying data collection tools and methodologies.
· Experience in qualitative data analysis and data presentation.
· Experience in participatory action planning and community engagement
· Experience monitoring projects and collecting relevant data preferred
· Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
· Observation, active listening and analysis skills with ability to make sound judgment
· Good relationship management skills and the ability to work closely with local partners and community members
- Attention to details, accuracy and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities
- Proactive, results-oriented and service-oriented
Required/Desired Foreign Language
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English; ability to draft and edit reports.
- Excellent verbal communication skills in English and Afaan Oromo is required. Dialects local to Afaan Oromo and Amharic a plus.
- Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
· Strategic Mindset
· Accountability & Stewardship
· Builds Relationships
· Develops Talent
· Continuous Improvement & Innovation
How to Apply
You should fill the application form through the link below:
https://form.jotform.com/212621152924549 and attach your up-to-date CV on / before the application deadline September , 30, 2021.
You will be contacted only if selected for written exam/interview. Phone solicitations will not be accepted. These job opportunities are open to Ethiopian nationals only.
CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking.
** Qualified women are highly encouraged to apply**