Project Officer Health and Nutrition
Indefinite Term contingent upon funding of the RFSA program
Program Manager II Health and Nutrition
September 30, 2021
As a member of the Resilience Food Security Activity (RFSA)/Ifaa project team, you will monitor and report on all project activities in support of Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) work serving the poor and vulnerable. The overarching goal of this multi-sectoral activity is Improved food security of vulnerable households in targeted PSNP communities, contributing to a sustained reduction in rural poverty in Oromia. Your thorough and service-oriented approach will ensure that the project consistently applies best practices and constantly works towards improving the impact of its benefits to those we serve.
· Support the coordination and implementation of all assigned project activities as outlined in the detailed implementation plan and technical narrative documents (such as the original proposal and annual narrative plans) in line with CRS program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices.
· Ensure CRS’ RFSA nutrition approaches are aligned with the Government of Ethiopia (GoE) national Nutrition Program’s 1,000-day approach, National nutrition strategy, Scaling-up Nutrition (SUN) movement as well as other relevant MoH polices and guidelines.
· Monitor and report any challenges and/or gaps identified to inform adjustments to plans and implementation schedules. Assist partners in their efforts to reflect on project experiences.
· Support collaboration, integration and accountability between RFSA Purposes (other sectors) and with external stakeholders through coordinating project evaluation activities and assisting partners in their efforts to collect and analyze project data per specified mechanisms and tools. Collaborate with local partner(s) to prepare reports per established reporting schedule.
· Collect information on staff capacity needs and technical assistance needs of partner organizations and monitor capacity building and technical support activities to ensure effective impact. This includes conducting cross-sectoral community service mapping to explore facilitators and barriers to household participation in key services as well as overseeing support to development agents as they provide targeted coaching on nutrition food selection for women and children.
· Engage with Woreda Health Office (WoHO), Health facilities, WASH and relevant sectors to identify training gaps and use improved tools and job aids to provide health workers with counseling and negotiation skills.
· Complete project documentation for assigned activities. Support relevant assessments, studies, as well as Assist with identifying information for case studies and reports on promising practices.
· Involve in other activities as assigned/ requested by line managers.
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience
· BA/BSC or higher Degree in the field of Health/Public Health and for an NGO would be a plus.
· Minimum of 3 years of work experience in project support. Experience in the field of health and nutrition programming and for an NGO would be a plus.
· Experience in participatory action planning and community engagement.
· Experience monitoring projects and collecting relevant data preferred.
· Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
· Observation, active listening and analysis skills with ability to make sound judgment
· Good relationship management skills and the ability to work closely with local partners and community members
- Attention to details, accuracy and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities
- Proactive, results-oriented and service-oriented
Travel Required: Extensive travel within East Hararghe (over 30 to 40% to RFSA implementation sites)
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
· Strategic Mindset
· Accountability & Stewardship
· Builds Relationships
· Develops Talent
· Continuous Improvement & Innovation
How to Apply
You should fill the application form through the link below:
https://form.jotform.com/212621152924549 and attach your up-to-date CV on / before the application deadline September , 30, 2021.
You will be contacted only if selected for written exam/interview. Phone solicitations will not be accepted. These job opportunities are open to Ethiopian nationals only.
CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking.
** Qualified women are highly encouraged to apply**