Deadline: Jun 29, 2022
The CECOE is a broad-based network of over 175 civil society organisations operating in the ten regional states and the two city administrations, Addis Ababa and Dire Dawa. On February 4, 2020, CECOE got a certificate of registration from the FDRE Civil Society Organisations Authority with the registration number 4748. CECOE was established with the objective of coordinating civic engagement, increasing citizen participation in the 2021 Ethiopian General Elections, and bolstering a long-term civil society engagement in Ethiopia’s electoral process in a sustainable manner.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contribute to the development of training methodologies and strategies;
- Support drafting, reviewing, editing, updating and formatting of training manuals;
- Organising, facilitating and delivering of training to different target groups;
- Assist with training needs assessment, training design, delivery and evaluation;
- Coordinate with CECOE members on project implementation;
- Coordinate collection and analysis of data for monitoring and evaluation of training activities;
- Contribute to regular programmatic reports and maintain crucial project documents which track project progress;
- Maintain records on event activities, progress, status, and prepare event summary
- Attend event to oversee activities and ensure details are handled as planned
- Support the training team in coordinating and managing events
- Identify any potential issues or risks that could affect the progression of the project, and work to identify potential solutions;
- Maintain and develop productive working relationships with member and partner organisations;
- Travel outside of Addis Ababa for project activities as required;
- Other duties as assigned.
Duration – 5 months with possible extension with availability of fund and good performance
Number of Positions – two (2)
EDUCATION and QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree in the developmental Studies, political science, international relations, law or related required.
- Two (2) years of experience working with local or international NGOs on implementation of international technical assistance programs;
- Experience in (adult) training design and delivery to different target groups;
- Experience in designing and delivering training in the area of law preferred;
- Demonstrated professional experience and knowledge in election administration preferred;
- Training/facilitation skill/qualification is an advantage;
- Proficiency in Word, Power point, Outlook and Excel.
- Fluency in English and Amharic required
- Additional local languages, preferably Afan Oromo is an advantage.
- Women applicants who qualify the minimum requirement are highly encouraged to apply
SKILLS and SPECIFICATIONS
- The ability to remain highly organised while handling multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
- The ability to complete tasks with limited supervision.
- Excellent reporting and document handling skills.
- Excellent communication skills in order to be able to work with CECOE’s program and administrative staff to identify and resolve issues.
- Willingness to adhere to all principles of confidentiality.
- Must value operating in a collaborative and cooperative environment.
- Ability to show initiative, good judgement, and resourcefulness.
- Ability to handle sensitive issues and address inclusion matters with integrity
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicant can apply by this form
Application Deadline June 29th, 2022