Category: Health Care
Health Poverty Action (HPA) is a UK based international development organization with a mission of supporting the poorest and most vulnerable people to achieve better health and wellbeing in their effort. Established in 1984, HPA currently operates in 13 countries including Ethiopia.
HPA has been operational in Ethiopia since 2006, primarily with semi-nomadic pastoralists, and has implemented various SRHR, MNCH, TB, NCDs and other health and women empowerment projects that support communities in South Omo Zone of the Southern Nations, Nationalities and People’s Region (SNNPR), in lowland districts of Bale, Oromia Region and in Liben Zone of the Ethiopian Somali Region and other selected hospitals and health centres in Addis Ababa and 6 regional states. Currently, we are preparing to implement COVID-19 testing and other women empowerment project in the Zone 3 of Afar regional state with field office in Awash 7 Killo. For more information about our organisation please visit our website: www.healthpovertyaction.org
HPA wants to recruit for the following vacant position:
Project Officer (based in Awash 7 Killo):
The project officer will lead and facilitate activities on COVID-19 testing awareness creation, documentation, and support the planning and implementation of testing campaigns. S/he will also be responsible for the timely coordination, preparation, implementation, strengthening and improvement of all training/capacity-building and community engagement activities as specified on the project work plan.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Direct effective and timely implementation of the project in the project locations
- Facilitating and coordinating for Woreda direct support provided by HPA on administration and logistic activities
- Responsible for the successful implementation of the community mobilization, SBCC, and training of health workers in the assigned woredas
- Report weekly on community mobilization, training and other deliverables and maintain accurate records of all relevant performance indicators
- Working with health workers in the woreda for facilitation and smooth implementation of COVID-19 testing, awareness raising activity.
- Work with Project Coordinator on proper distribution and positioning of culturally appropriate IEC/BCC materials, and monitoring tools and ensure proper use of the same.
- Participating in Health cluster meeting at woreda and zonal level.
- Reporting weekly and monthly project progress by indicating achievement, the lesson is taken, challenges and recommendation for the next step
- Assist with any other duties as required by the organization
Duration: The contract duration is one year with possibility of renewal depending on the availability of funds and performance. Please clearly indicate the name of the position and location that you’re applying in subject line of your email.
Competence and Personal Requirements:
- A minimum of BSc degree in Public Health/Nursing/Health Officer with 4 years’ relevant work experience in implementing and coordinating health projects at grassroot level.
- INGO work experience in the region is an asset
- Solid understanding of the Ethiopian health policy and strategies, as well as the health sector transformation plan and the health extension platform
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Good command in written and spoken English.
- Good communication skills
- Team player
- Willingness to work under pressure and extra hours.
- Good command in the local language
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send their CV and one page motivation letter by including their salary expectations and when you’ll be available only through firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com for seven consecutive working days starting from the first date of advertisement. Applicants will be short-listed and contacted for an interview on a progressive basis.
Note: Use “Project Officer (based in Awash 7 Killo)” as the subject title of your email!