Deadline: Jun 20, 2022
Internal/ External Vacancy Announcement
Professional Alliance for Development (PADet) is an Ethiopian civil society organization which runs various developmental programs at community level in Ethiopia focusing on Reproductive health, HIV/AIDS, Child development, Women development and Livelihood promotion programs, Promotion of social accountability that empowers vulnerable women, children and youth in North Wollo Zone, South Wollo Zone, Awl Zone, South Gojam, South Gondar – Amhara Region, North Shoa Zone – Oromia Region, Oromia Special Woreda (Sululta) and selected woredas in the Afar region and in Addis Ababa in partnership with various International donors and INGOs, Regional Government structures, National CSOs and the communities.
Currently, PADet would like to hire potential candidates in the following positions for its project (“Promoting Family Planning (FP) and Maternal Newborn, and Child Health (MNCH) through Social Accountability Activities”) which will soon start implementation in the South Wollo Zone of Amhara region in partnership with Palladium/USAID.
Job summary: Project officers are responsible to manage and follow up SA activities in their respective Woredas
- Facilitate discussion with the health service providers, Woreda decision maker client councils’ members etc. to create common understanding the purpose of the project.
- Provide trainings and follow up support to Health Extension Woredas/HEWs and client councils
- Support the formulation of the Client councils in each service facilities.
- Proper follow-up of project and budget tracking.
- Prepare the Woreda time calendar and roll out plan of the community score card sessions
- Prepare the time calendar and roll out plan of interface meetings in consultation with SP.
- Prepare reports, cases stories to the respective
- Manage budget allocated for project use in the assigned area based on work plans,
- Participate baseline study with other team member
- Discharge responsibilities based on monthly and quarterly action plans.
Grade level: VII
Accountability: Project coordinator II
Location: South Wollo – in 8 intervention woredas
No of staff required: Eight (8)
Education qualification, experience & skill
- BA/BSC in the health and social sciences with 3 years’ experience in relevant field
- Computer proficiency using Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Good communication skills and report writing
- Commitment to work in hardship settings
- NGO experience is advantageous
How to Apply
Interested applicant should send their application with updated CV and testimonial documents through our contact address within 7 consecutive days of the announcement. Only short listed applicant shall be considered for exam.
Address: Professional Alliance for Development (PADet)
Head office – Addis Ababa – P.O. Box:365, telephone 0113-694928/29/0989015124
Note: Use “Project Officer” as the subject line of your email!
Women Applicants are highly encouraged to apply.