Job Vacancy with EHPEA
The Ethiopian Horticulture Producer Exporters Association (EHPEA) was established in 2002 as a non-profit making and Non-government organization being an autonomous and non- political entity instituted primarily to protect interest of its members. Its membership constitutes almost all Horticulture (flower, fruit, vegetables and herbs) producer Exporters in the country. EHPEA’s strives to promote Competitive Position of Ethiopian Horticulture Sector in the Global market on Sustainable manner. Currently EHPEA is seeking to employ qualified and competent staff for Project Office Manager.
Under overall guidance of the EHPEA executive director, the Project Office Manager shall oversee the construction of EHPEA Building and responsible for managing and accomplishing the construction project right from the commencement to completion within proposed time and budget frame. S/he ensures formation of various task-oriented team members which uphold the EHPEA’s standards and needs throughout each project’s development and execution. The responsibilities include managing the day-to-day activities in the project, executing innovative ideas in sourcing funds for the project, ensuring the timely progress of the construction in compliance to the defined codes and standards of the building, providing guidance on policies and processes, overseeing project management staff, and collaborating with other department leaders and relevant stakeholders such as members, GOs and NGOs in developing and executing project related activities.
Major Duties and responsibilities
- Devise innovative lobbying and marketing initiatives upholding to raise funds and resources from various sources
- Oversee the construction of EHPEA Building and responsible for managing the construction project from the beginning to the end by applying effective project implementation tools, work processes and procedures.
- Develop a project management plan for the construction of the building, including fund mobilizing, setting deadlines, prioritizing tasks, and assigning team members to various deliverables,
- Develop fund mobilizing proposals that can be shared to key stakeholders
- Organize various fundraising events in collaboration with EHPEA team
- Manage the project resources efficiently that comprises of manpower, finance, materials, and other invaluable belongings
- Conduct in-depth regular review and monitoring of the project, ensure all deliverables are as per the defined and agreed schedule
- Perform budget planning and cost estimating of the project
- Ensure conducting resource inventory regularly
- Prepare internal and external reports pertaining to job status
- Plan ahead and communicate to prevent problems and resolve any unforeseen prevailing circumstances
- Monitor and guide compliance with building and safety regulations
- Train and give feedback to construction workers and subcontractors
- Collaborating with other department leaders to define, prioritize, and develop project related tasks and synergize common efforts.
- Analyzing financial data, including project budgets, risks, and resource allocation.
- Providing financial reports and budget outlines to Executives.
- Drafting new and improving existing project management office policies and processes.
- Evaluate projects continuously to ensure they are meeting company and other agreed standards, adhering to budgets, and meeting deadlines.
- Documenting accurately the project’s creation, progress, and execution as well as documenting the project’s scope, budget utilization, and justification for any alternation on the project.
- Undertake any other duties as may be requested by the Association
UNIT : PROJECT OFFICE
REPORTS TO : EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Number of Position: one
Terms of Employment: Initially for one year but will be renewable subject to performance and availability of funds.
Salary: Attractive and in accordance with the Association salary Scale
- Proven track record of resource mobilization
- Proven working experience in construction management or similar role
- Good knowledge of construction management processes and fund mobilizing
- Experience with construction management software packages
- Ability to plan and see the “big picture”
- Outstanding knowledge of building products, construction details and relevant rules, regulations, and quality standards
- Competent in conflict and crisis management
- Good time-management skills and teamwork
- Ability to do multi-tasks and work under duress
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Should demonstrate strong leadership and communication skills.
- Ultimately, a top-notch Manager should be well organized and able to work under pressure
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to details and technicalities.
- Excellent organizational and technical skills.
- BSC/MSC degree in civil engineering, construction management, architecture, or related field
- A Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification may be advantageous.
- A minimum of ten years’ experience in the industry.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in senior position may be advantageous.
How to Apply
Closing Date: 10 consecutive days after the appearance of the Advertisement
Interested Applicants should send their Letter of Application together with non-returnable CV and supporting credentials to:
Ethiopian Horticulture Producer Exporters Association
P.O. Box 22241, Code 1000, Addis Ababa
Note: Applications can be submitted by firstname.lastname@example.org