The Comitato Internazionale per lo Sviluppo dei Popoli (CISP) (International Committee for the Development of People) is a NGO established in 1983 in Rome, Italy and currently operating in 30 countries in various parts of the world. CISP has been operating in Ethiopia since 1986 through relief, rehabilitation and development projects. In collaboration with various local partners CISP is actively implementing projects in Ethiopia in the area of humanitarian assistance, agriculture, food security, livelihood, DRR, WASH, education, Youth and Women Development and other social development projects.
CISP in partnership with PC (Pastoralist Concern- Local NGO) proposes to address the immediate needs of people affected by conflict, drought and desert locust in Moyale woreda of Dawa Zone, Somali region in the sectors of Education, Livelihood/livestock and nutrition. The overall objective of the project is to support conflict and drought affected students, IDPs and Host Communities in dignity and sustains life by offering safes spaces for learning, access to protection and livelihood in Dawa zone. The project is funded by UNOCHA-EHF.
The MEL expert will be responsible for lead the preparation of M&E framework, data management and analysis; and implementation of the CISP component of the Project in Moyale woredas of Dawa zone. Assist in the development and/or adoption of monitoring and evaluation tools, guidelines, standards and methodologies and share with staff across the organization, and design knowledge sharing protocol/system.
The jobholder will be responsible for obtaining, analyzing, organizing and interpreting project data. S/he will work with key stakeholders in developing, strengthening and implementing monitoring systems. The position holder will also be in charge of designing and leading the implementation of the M&E strategies, requirements and project level activities as well as identify, document and share lessons and good practices. In addition, s/he will work directly with the technical staff to develop appropriate indicators and select the most effective monitoring and measurement tools. Assist in the creation, maintenance and updating of Projects Profile Databases.
The MER expert is also responsible to prepare period reports that will be submitted to the donor, government relevant offices and the CISP head office with respective reporting formats. The MEL expert will ensure that activities and targets are achieved through regular monitoring and supervision and conduct other similar activities in the direct supervision of the project coordinator.
INITIATIVE AND PROBLEM-SOLVING SKILLS
- Ability to capitalise on past experience and information available within the organisation in order to become self-sufficient and autonomous quickly.
- Ability to take initiative where appropriate to deal with difficulties encountered in daily work.
ADAPTABILITY AND FLEXIBILITY
- Ability to adapt or change priorities according to the changing situation within a mission or the organization itself.
- Ability to work within a fluid situation (changes within the team, location of programmes).
- Ability to live and work within a team and respect the rules of collective living.
MOTIVATION AND INVOLVEMENT
- Motivation and commitment to humanitarian ideals.
- Interest in involvement beyond the job assigned i.e. active involvement in the ethos of the organization itself.
- Ability to integrate into the local environment including awareness of political and economic aspects of the country.
PROFESSIONALISM AND MANAGEMENT
- Ability to conduct work in a professional and mature manner.
- Ability to deal with relations with local authorities as a representative of CISP.
- Ability to manage local staff in a mature and impartial manner.
Behavioral & Accountability
- Accepts and gives constructive criticism
- Follows all relevant procedures, processes, and policies
- Meets deadline, cost, and quality requirements for outputs
- Monitors own work to correct errors
- Takes responsibility for meeting commitments and for any shortcomings
- Demonstrates interest in improving relevant skills
- Demonstrates interest in acquiring skills relevant to other functional areas
- Keeps abreast of developments in own professional area
- Actively shares relevant information
- Clearly communicates, and listens to feedback on, changing priorities and procedures
- Writes clearly and effectively, adapting wording and style to the intended audience
- Listens effectively and communicates clearly,
Creativity and Initiative
- Actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
Planning and Organizing
- Identifies priority activities and assignments for self
- Organizes and documents work to allow for planned and unplanned handovers
- Identifies risks and makes contingency plans
- Adjusts priorities and plans to achieve goals
- Allocates appropriate times and resources for own work
- Identifies issues, opportunities, and risks central to responsibilities
- Treats all colleagues with respect and dignity
- Works effectively with people from different cultures by adapting to relevant cultural contexts
- Knowledgeable about and promotes CISP’s core mandate.
- Actively contributes to an effective, collegial, and agreeable team environment
- Contributes to, and follows team objectives
- Seeks input and feedback from others
- Actively supports and implements final group decisions
- Takes joint responsibility for team’s work
Place of work: Moyale, Dawa zone –Somali Region
No. of position: 1
Length of Contract: Ten Months
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- BA/MA degree in statistics, computer science, economics, development study, project management or related field;
- Minimum of 6 years for BA or 4 years for MA relevant experience and knowledge of M&E principles and practices;
- Experience in strategic planning and performance measurement, including indicator selection, target setting, reporting, database management, and developing monitoring and evaluation plans;
- Experience in indicator development, qualitative and quantitative M&E data collection and analysis methodologies,
- Ability in organizing and facilitating workshops and capacity building events, as well as supporting colleagues in this aspect;
- Experience in M&E of multi-sectoral integrated development programs especially for emergency programs;
- Demonstrated analyzing and report writing skill;
- Knowledge of the culture, language of the operational area;
- Excellent in written and spoken English;
- Knowledge of the area and region where the post is located; Knowledge of local language (Somali); Experience of managing donor (s) funded projects or programs; NGO experience; Proven team and personnel management experiences.
How to Apply
Application Instructions: Please submit cover letter and CV with three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 30, 2021. You will submit relevant credentials up on request. Please include the name of the position in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Finalists will be contacted.
In the selection of its staff, CISP is committed to gender balance and diversity without distinction as to race, sex or religion, and without discrimination of persons with disabilities.