Health Poverty Action (HPA) is a UK based international development organization with a mission of supporting the poorest and most vulnerable people to achieve better health and wellbeing in their effort. Established in 1984, HPA currently operates in 13 countries including Ethiopia.
HPA has been operational in Ethiopia since 2006, primarily with semi-nomadic pastoralists, and has implemented various SRHR, MNCH, TB, NCDs and other health and women empowerment projects that support communities in South Omo Zone of the Southern Nations, Nationalities and People’s Region (SNNPR), in lowland districts of Bale, Oromia Region and in Liben Zone of the Ethiopian Somali Region and other selected hospitals and health centres in Addis Ababa and 6 regional states. Currently, we are preparing to implement COVID-19 testing and other women empowerment project in the Zone 3 of Afar regional state with field office in Awash 7 Killo. For more information about our organisation please visit our website: www.healthpovertyaction.org
HPA wants to recruit for the following vacant position:
Project Finance & Admin Officer (based in Awash 7 Killo):
The Project Finance & Admin Officer is responsible for the overall financial management, fund request, reporting and field level payment and proper documentation of the field office. Under the direct supervision of both Project/Field coordinator and Finance & Administration Coordinator, s/he will be responsible for leading the field level payments and management of funds.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Receives payment requests, checks supporting documents and coding for completeness and proper authorization;
- Handles and properly keeps petty cash of the field office.
- Effects payment against receipts/invoices and proper signature of the recipient for field operation
- Makes sure that all financial irregularities observed and timely reported to Country Office.
- Prepares and submit other regular or on request financial reports, as per the reporting requirements of HPA, Government agencies and donors;
- Ensures that all financial and procurement transactions are conducted per HPA’s financial policies and procedures and procurement regulations as well as following donor compliance requirements;
- Check the timely fueling, of rental vehicle for the field office
- Make sure daily and monthly vehicle related checklists and reports are used and submitted on time;
- Handles the field office lease agreements and ensures their timely renewal
- Undertakes any other related duties that may be assigned to him/her.
Duration: The contract duration is one year with possibility of renewal depending on the availability of funds and performance. Please clearly indicate the name of the position and location that you’re applying in subject line of your email.
Competence and Personal Requirements:
- A minimum of BA degree in Accounting/ Business Management with more than 3 years practical experience preferably in NGO setting.
- Ability to prioritize work
- Problem solving attitude
- Knowledge of English as a working language and local language of the workplace.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send their CV and one page motivation letter by including their salary expectations and when you’ll be available only through email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org for seven consecutive working days starting from the first date of advertisement. Applicants will be short-listed and contacted for an interview on a progressive basis.
Note: Use “Project Finance & Admin Officer (based in Awash 7 Killo)” as the subject title of your email!