About Plan International
Plan International is an independent non-profit organization that advances children’s well-being and equality for girls. Working in building powerful partnerships for children for over 75 years and present in 70 countries, Plan International strives for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children while working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners.
The position holder will be responsible and ultimately accountable for Legos Play Matters project’s quality EIE programming and results achievement, stakeholder and partner relations, and donor deliverables. Gender sensitive principles of collaboration, participation, transparency and respect for the agency of women’s organizations will be integrated in all aspects of this role.
• Management of LEGO education Project at primary school in refugee and host community
• Technical responsibility for the development and implementation of the LEGO Play Matters project
• Liaison with government offices and bureaus and also with UN agencies, NGOs and other civic organizations operating specifically in the refugee camps and also in Gambella
• Has responsibility to comply with organizational and statutory policies and laws on HR legality matters and also on matters related to protection of children in gender and child rights in particular in emergencies and disasters.
• Ensure high quality primary school LEGO project primary school activity management and maximize safety and wellbeing of all inhabitants especially children
• Ensure effective collaboration and support of procurement, logistics, water, sanitation, health, security and education is ready duly
• Supervise and coordinate LEGO project focal point and community workers in the refugee camp area and host community area.
Qualifications/ Experience Essential:
o Bachelor’s Degree in education, development studies, social science or equivalent.
o Recommended a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a corporate or NGO environment managing education projects. And out of each 3 years in coordinator and managerial positions.
o Substantial experience in all aspects of project management within the NGO development and humanitarian sectors including refugee response program and camp coordination.
o Excellent knowledge and understanding of the Ethiopian education policy, strategies and programs.
o Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching
o Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
o Demonstrated experience of developing and managing relationships and funding from prominent donors such as LEGO, and Plan International members.
o Experience of working within a complex and matrix organization structure
o Experience of managing and shaping programmes to deliver greater efficiency and effectiveness, and of strengthening implementation of financial control processes
o Solid budgeting skills and proven experience in financial management.
o Ability to present complex information in a succinct and compelling manner
o Willingness to travel to the camps, work in harsh and difficult physical conditions in areas of potential insecurity around Afar region.
· Fluency in English language is essential
· In addition to Amharic, Knowledge of Local Languages is a desirable
How to Apply
How to Apply
The closing date for the application in Sep26,2021. Qualified candidates should submit the application using the link provided below:
This position is only open to Ethiopian Nationals, who must be eligible to live and work in Ethiopia.
More information about Plan International can be found on http://plan-international.org
References will be taken and background and anti-terrorism checks will be carried out in conformity with Plans Child Protection Policy. Plan operates an equal opportunities policy and actively encourages diversity, welcoming applications from all persons meeting the skills and experience required.