GIZ- Internal Vacancy Announcement ‘#180/2021’
Qualifications and Employment Perspectives for Refugees and Host Communities (QEP) in Ethiopia
The Programme Officer will be based in Addis Ababa, steers and ensures the satisfactory and timely implementation of activities related to quality TVET training and capacity building measures at TVET colleges of Addis Ababa. In addition, the programme officer has also responsible for the implementation of Accelerated Employment Creation Initiative/activities related to employment creation.
Duration of contract: 31.12.2023
Responsibilities and duties
- Maintains good relations with the focal persons for QEP implementation at the TVET Bureau, at the Poly-Technical colleges and other relevant government offices
- Cooperates, regularly communicates, and updates Regional Implementation Coordinator on the progress of implementation. (Bi-weekly and monthly updates, monthly update of Operational Plan)
- Initiates, steers, and monitors the implementation of activities in cooperation with the TVET College Addis Ababa and other partners in Addis Ababa. This includes inter alia: (1) Contribution to procurement of material and equipment, (2) Organization of training for teachers, (3) Organization of workshops. The latter two include developing Terms of References, participant list, agenda, preparing PR material, venue arrangements and making other logistical arrangements as well as following up on results
- Supports TVET Colleges in linkage with industries and investors to foster labour market training.
- Explores and develops cooperation concepts with local and regional industries
- Identifies consultants, drafts ToR, orients and steers consultants on the ground and follows up results
- Supports various partners (eg. TVET Colleges, Non-Governmental Organisations) in the implementation of financial contributions and connects the recipient and responsible colleagues in the Skills Development Cluster Admin Team
- Collects relevant data from TVET Bureau, TVET Colleges, implementing partners as well as other relevant organizations and provides them in appropriate form (word, excel)
- Supports monitoring and evaluation processes by collecting relevant data from trainings and assisting partners with data collection
- Contributes ideas about success stories and major achievements in the field, shares them and connects respective PR staff with the “faces behind the story”
- Organizes regional conferences/events and facilitates national and international visits to the implementation area in cooperation with relevant PR and events staff
- Initiates, steers and monitors the implementation of Accelerated Employment Creation Imitative activities in cooperation with Federal and Urban Job Creation Agency. This includes:
- Steer and facilitate the provision of short-term and entrepreneurship training for unemployed youth
- Organization and formation of MSEs
- Oversee and monitor the pprovision of start-up support
- Provide technical back up for the procurement of material and equipment
- Steering installations of materials and equipment
- Continuous coaching of newly created MSEs
- Coordinate with the agency for credit access and working space premises
- Support organizational capacity development of the partner
- Master’s degree in social sciences (eg. educational science, project management, political science, public management/policy, related fields)
- A minimum of 5 years relevant occupation experience in the necessary field
- Experience in organising and steering complex processes that involve a variety of stakeholders and require a high degree of coordination
- Experience in project management, planning and smooth steering of activities
- Experiences in designing and conducting employment creation measures
- Strong local experience and networks in Addis Ababa, especially in the field of TVET, entrepreneurship, and employment creation are a strong advantage
- Experience in the TVET system, knowledge of regional and national job creation agenda and other regional government offices
- Excellent knowledge of mandates and roles of regional government bodies in the field of training and employment creation
- Experience in cooperating with regional government offices, agencies, commissions and ideally international organisations
- Knowledge of the refugee and IDP situation in Addis region and experience in designing and conducting projects involving refugees and/or IDPs
- Knowledge of relevant government and multilateral stakeholders concerned with refugees and IDPs; ideally knowledge of CRRF approach and implementation experience in Addis region
- Very good language skills in English (writing, speaking, listening); good knowledge of Amharic (writing, speaking, listening) is an advantage
- Good skills in using Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Outlook)
- Flexibility and preparedness to perform a changing array of duties according to the needs of the programme
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates shall submit their motivation letter along with their non- returnable recent CV via Ethiojobs or Email: email@example.com
Please make sure you mention the vacancy number and position title ‘Programme Officer #180/2021 in the subject line of your email application. Due to large number of applications we categories applications with the vacancy numbers.
Applications without vacancy numbers in subject lines might not be categorized in the appropriate folder and could be disqualified.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
We encourage persons with disabilities to apply for the position. In case of equal qualification, persons with disabilities will be given preference.
Applications from qualified women are encouraged.
“Please refer to our brochure to learn more about GIZ’s attractive benefit package.”