Plan International is a rights-based development and humanitarian organization working for better lives for all children. We are independent of government and have no political or religious affiliation. Our purpose is to strive for a just world that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for more than 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
Our global strategy has a specific focus on girls, as they are often the most marginalized and most often left behind. We have committed ourselves to the ambitious target of reaching 100 million girls over 5 years, to ensure they can learn, lead, decide and thrive. This is our contribution to reaching the sustainable development goals, and in particular the goals on gender equality. Our organization is transforming itself to meet this enormous challenge everywhere we work. We need bold, forward-thinking and innovative individuals to lead our country operations, driving change and delivering results that will allow us to reach our target of 100 million girls.
In Ethiopia, Plan has more than 25 years of experience in implementing its programme. Currently Plan International Ethiopia mainly operates in seven geographical areas; Amhara, Oromia, SNNPR, Gambella, Benishangul Gumuz, Afar, and Addis Ababa City Administration on different projects funded by different donors including sponsorship.
Plan International Ethiopia’s main purpose is to seek Gender Justice for Girls, Adolescent Girls, and Young Women. We aim to help create an enabling environment where girls, adolescent girls, and young women are safe, valued, equally cared for, and have equal opportunities. PIE will contribute to the global strategy by aiming to reach directly 2.1 million Girls, Adolescent Girls and Young Women over the period of the strategy 2020-2024 and to reach an additional 6.3 million beneficiaries through its interventions.
The position holder will be responsible to assist the humanitarian program team in overall planning, follow up and documentation of program progress, achievement, challenges etc. Among those the core ones will be, the documentation of the monthly program review tracking sheet and close follow up with the action owner to ensure the timely action; He/She will also take lead on the day to day program administration, facilitation of project agreement – LoUs/MoUs with government, achievement of all program related documents and closely follow up and assistance on the day to day business process in the humanitarian department. In addition, He/She will provide and facilitate support to country office technical team and liaison with the support function to follow up different action points and/or service request and ensure the timely completion of all the request to enable the technical team to lead the implementation of the program.
management scope, reporting lines, key relationships
· Disaster Preparedness, Response & resilience as well as Refugee and Migration units within the Humanitarian & Resilience Dept, Finance Department, Business development Department, Program operations Department, Program quality Department, Human resources Department, Logistics and administration Department, Filed staff or program area and project:
· UN agencies – UNHCR, UNICEF, Working group representatives and Refugee Task Force, Government mainly Agency of Refugee and Returnees Affairs, Ministry of Education, Ministry of Finance, ministry of Children and Women’s Affair, NDRMC and Partners
Level of contact with children
· Occasional interaction with children
· Typical office environment
Accountabilities and MAIN WORK ACTIVITIES
Programme Facilitation (30%)
· Ensure all program related issue at the department are well organised and facilitated – particularly to make sure that the timely development of LoU/MoU– project agreement with the government for any new project or wherever there is significant project amendment, close follow and completion of the signing of the document by both parties.
· Coordinate and keep up to date with information produced by the humanitarian and Resilience programme department
· Develop clear communication matrix with the team for coordination and follow up of action points
· Lead the development timetable or work schedule and keeping the updating the action points
· Ensure the proactively collection and documentation of fundraising collateral including project photos, videos, examples and case-studies to enhance learning. Assist the development of an Information Management Strategy.
Cross-Section Thematic Support (30%)
· Serving as a pooled resource and closely support the head of units and Deputy CD (humanitarian);
· Organise the bi-monthly/monthly emergency project review meetings, record and updating action plan and accountability matrix and communicate to all action owner to ensure the timely accomplishment.
· Provide support to the country office thematic leads during the implementation of the project
Programme operation support (30%)
· Provide relevant support to the heads and Deputy CD -humanitarian on assessing and planning to facilitate the day to day operation support.
· Promote a productive work environment respectful of the Code of Conduct with zero tolerance for verbal and physical abuse or discrimination against children and other persons on the grounds of race, color, sex or creed
• B.A Degree in business field (Management, Marketing, Project Planning Computer Science, social science or related field from a recognized educational institution. And MSCs holder will be preferable.
• At least 3 years in NGO sector, or demonstrated equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to develop effective working relationships across a network.
• Demonstrated experience in activities with communities and/or international development in INGOs working environment
Languages required: English and other national languages
How to Apply
The closing date for the application in 08 October 2021. Qualified candidates should submit the application using the link provided below:
This position is only open to Ethiopian Nationals, who must be eligible to live and work in Ethiopia.
More information about Plan International can be found on http://plan-international.org
References will be taken and background and anti-terrorism checks will be carried out in conformity with Plans Child Protection Policy. Plan operates an equal opportunities policy and actively encourages diversity, welcoming applications from all persons meeting the skills and experience required.
As an international child centered community development organization, Plan International is fully committed to promoting the realization of children’s rights including their right to protection from violence and abuse. That means we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with.
Plan International believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we as an organization, do everything we can to keep children safe. We must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk.
Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.