Purpose of the position:
The World Vision Ethiopia’s Tigray Emergency Response office, based in Mekele is seeking a qualified and highly motivated Program Manager to lead the Programmes Department. While supervising a small but growing team, the Program Manager will oversee the planning funding, implementation, evaluation and reporting of respective program operations. This position will require intensive coordination with the all departments of the Response, as well as ongoing strengthening of information management tools and processes..
Grants Acquisition and Proposal Design
· Support the design & development of concepts and proposals for the Response, in coordination with technical specialists, NO Recourse Mobilization team, finance and procurement staff and SOs.
· Facilitate or collaborate with Support offices on the facilitation of grant design, start-up, closeout workshop for grant project staff and support function staff members for each critical grant.
· Monitor funding status for each sector of the program to identify possible funding gaps and ensure smooth transitions from one grant to the next.
· Collaborate and negotiate with Support Offices on match needs and other resources (e.g. technical).
Grants Management and Reporting
· Work on monthly, annual and end-of- (donor) project narrative reports, newsletters, situational reports and other reports as necessary in collaboration with the other departments.
· Monitor program’s progress ensuring goals and objectives are achieved and non-financial grant requirements are adhered to.
· Ensure that program implementation is in line with the principles of the Red Cross Code of Conduct, SPHERE standards and relevant WV internal standards and policies.
· Facilitate Start up and close out Grant meetings.
· Lead the consolidation of the Monthly Management Report for the Response.
Quality Assurance, Accountability and Information Management
· Support the MEAL team in planning and conducting assessments and evaluations to gather impact.
· Coordinate with MEAL staff to ensure key Response indicator data is recorded.
· Ensure integration of internal and international humanitarian standards (Sphere, HAP, etc.) into all project designs and implementation.
· Ensure accountability is mainstreamed into all project designs.
Partnership & External Relations
· Develop and maintain strong relationships and information sharing with Support Office representatives.
· Support the programs team to identify potential partners to work with and through in projects.
Ensure reporting to Government departments are done timely and information collation is led.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
Required Professional Experience:
· 3-5 years’ experience in emergency response, humanitarian and/or development programming or similar humanitarian/social work involving grants.
· Ability to maintain performance expectations in psychologically stressful environments and physical hardship conditions with limited resources.
· Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, International Development, International Relations or related field. (Required)
· Hostile Environmental Awareness Training or other recognized personal security course. (Preferred)
· Further complementary professional qualifications in MEAL, IM, etc is an asset.
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
· Experience in large scale humanitarian emergencies
· Excellent understanding of project design and proposal writing. (Fluency in English, both writing and speaking).
· Strong understanding of the workings of major donors, such as the UN, USAID, ECHO etc.
· Strong understanding of SPHERE relief standards, as well as the Red Cross and NGO Code of Conduct.
· Knowledge of WV’s field operations, either in the relief or development context.
· Cross-cultural sensitivity, flexible world view, emotional maturity and physical stamina.
· Ability to manage work life and work without supervision.
· Ability to work in and contribute to team building environment.
Working Environment / Conditions:
· Office based with travel to the field
· Travel: Up to 25% travel.
How to Apply
Interested applicants are required to Write Position Title on the subject line and attach Current CV with three references & fill employment application form which can be found http://docs.ethiojobs.net/wve-jaf.pdf ) and email before the closing date of this announcement to Recruitment_ethiopia@wvi.org or through ethiojobs.net.
World vision has zero tolerance towards abuse and exploitation of children and vulnerable adults. Every prospective employee, volunteer, and intern is obliged to comply by world vision’s child and adult safeguarding policy.”
Note: we do not receive hard copies