Internal / External Vacancy Announcement
Save Your Holy Land Association (SYHLA) is an indigenous non-governmental organization established not for making profit. SYHLA is undertaking various projects such as Sexual & Reproductive Health, Girls’ Education, and Caring for Vulnerable Children projects in selected districts of North Wollo Zone, Amhara regional state. SYHLA strives to mobilize the community in health, education and eco-tourism to bring about desirable changes in life and the environment in collaboration with individuals, community and institutions. Therefore, SYHLA seeks to employ qualified personnel for its USAID donated HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment Services Project implementing in collaboration with Amhara Development Association at Woldia, Kobo, Raya Kobo, Mersa, Lalibela and Sekota towns. Hence SYHLA would like to invite competent applicants for the Program Coordinator job position.
Duties and Responsibilities for Program Coordinator
Job Summary: The program coordinator is responsible for coordinating, planning, monitoring, and the overall program activities. Besides, the program coordinator will have overall responsibility for the management of all program activities and resource management and for reporting to ADA. He will serve as representative of the program. He should embraces the objectives for the program and effectively manage available financial and human resources to make that objectives a reality.
Duties and responsibilities
- Coordinate to assure the contribution of the project to the National and Global Health Agenda, including an AIDS-free generation, the UN-AIDS 95/95/95 goals, and its targets of Ending HIV by 2030.
- Represent SYHLA and this project with a wide range of audiences and communicate and negotiate with different stakeholders, including USAID, ADA, Government, Target communities, and CBOs.
- Strengthen the partnership and work together with key stakeholders and different like-minded partners
- Provide leading, technical and program management, monitoring & evaluation support to project officers
- Plan, organize, coordinate and control all the programmatic activities and human & material resources of the project
- Assist M&E officer to produce consolidated and well organized monthly, quarterly, and annual plans and reports of the project and submits them to the ADA.
- Supervise, guide and provide technical support to project staff and volunteers to upgrade their work capacity
- Facilitate, coordinate and participate in staff meetings and in quarterly stakeholders review meetings, management meetings, different workshops and trainings when required.
- Conduct planned field level monitoring and supervision and submits field visit report to the Executive Director
- Ensure that the targeted sub populations are identified, screened, enrolled and appropriately served in the program
- Ensure that all the necessary materials, supplies & equipment are available for program activities
- Ensure that all updated SOPs, Guidelines and documents are always available and accessible
- Follow-up the budget utilization of each project activities and if there is under or over utilization takes corrective measures
- Participate and play active role in the preparation of project proposals, annual plans and appraisal
- In addition to the above listed duties and responsibilities the unit shall perform other appropriate activities assigned by the organization.
Project: USAID funded Family-Focused HIV Prevention, Care & Treatment Services
Reports to: Immediate Supervisor
Duty Station: Woldia, Kobo, Mersa, Sekota and Lalibela
Term of Employment: Full time for 12 months contract (October 1, 2021 to September30, 2022) with a possibility of extension based on proven performance of the employee and the continuation of the project.
- MSc/MA/BSc/BA in Health or other related fields, with training Certificate on Project Cycle management, resource management, etc.
- 6 years for Masters or 8 years for Bachelor degree as project manager or coordinator
How to Apply
Interested applicants who fulfill the minimum requirements are invited to apply and submit your signed application letter, updated CV and non-returnable photocopies of all academic credentials, testimonials and any other supporting training certificates and related work experiences in person to Dessie ADA Building (Building 4th floor, room number 407) within Ten (10) consecutive days from the date of announcement. For remote applicants you can use this email address to apply: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Only short listed candidates will be contacted for evaluation. Exam date & place will be notified for short listed candidates through phone calls.
SYHLA encourages female candidates to apply.