Purpose of the Job:
To provide program and administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the department, support the Director through a variety of tasks related to office organization and communication and be responsible for confidential and time sensitive materials.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and maintain the Director’s calendar including scheduling appointments, internal/external meetings, and conference calls.
- Support in the coordination of the logistics of events, workshops, training, etc.
- Coordinate the Director’s and the team’s travel itineraries, flights, hotel, accommodation, rental car, and other travel needs.
- Draft and edit correspondence, communications, presentations, and other documents on behalf of the Director and the team.
- Produce and distribute correspondence memos, letters, faxes and forms to the respective offices
- Secure appropriate signatures and track documents through the approval process on behalf of the Director and the team.
- Receive phone calls and guests visiting the office.
- Provide assistant and support to the director on various projects such as new employee onboarding, including calendar planning and staff communication.
- Prepare agendas for meetings, briefing materials and presentations as needed to support the Director and the team.
- Coordinate with warehouse team to ensure the office has sufficient supplies of stationaries
- Responsible for the completion of purchase requisitions for materials, supplies, equipment, repairs and other pertinent transmittals for the Office/ Directorate.
- Maintain up to date record keeping and filling system for the directorate/unit
- Manage relevant staff appointments, respond to minor inquiries, and maintain up-to-date employee records.
- Perform additional assignments given and delegated by the Supervisor.
LOCATION: Head Office
REPORT TO: Regional Director
SALARY RANGE: Gross monthly salary of ETB 7,585.00- ETB 8,781.00 plus ETB 3,000.00 housing allowance and ETB 1,200.00 transport allowance depending on candidates qualification, experience and earning history
Qualifications and Experience:
- First degree in Law OR BA Degree or Level 4 Diploma in Management, Administration, Secretarial Science and Office Management, or related fields with significant experience in the justice industry.
- 2 years of relevant experience for first degree or 4 years of relevant experience with diploma including strong experience in event management, travel and logistics.
- Computer literate.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and Amharic language is required. Knowledge of other local and/or international languages is advantageous.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should write a covering letter, explaining why they are interested in this role, why they are the right person for the job with a recent CV which should be sent to the following email address: HRM@ehrc.org.
Please include the name of the position on the subject of the email
Women candidates are encouraged to apply
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview and written exam
Deadline for applications: 22nd of October, 2021.