Re-ad Internal /External Vacancy
The Ethiopian Red Cross Society (ERCS) wants to recruit employees in the following vacant positions the details of which are mentioned below.
About the Ethiopian Red Cross Society
The Ethiopian Red Cross Society (ERCS) was established in 1935 and is one of the oldest and largest humanitarian organizations in Ethiopia. ERCS provides services to communities affected by natural and manmade disasters through the provision of emergency responses, ambulance and first aid, family reunification, essential drugs, water and sanitation, and other humanitarian services. ERCS also runs disaster risk reduction programs with the aim of creating resilience households and communities. Currently the ERCS has a structure consisting of 12 Regional Offices, 34 Zonal Branches and 131 District/Woreda Branches, 599 Woreda Red Cross Committee and 5871 Kebele Red Cross committees.
Key performance area
- Assists in the formulation and implementation of policies and procedures designed to ensure overall economic purchasing;
- Facilitates the procurement process of foreign and local purchase activities of health and pharmaceutical services;
- Ensures proper delivery of items through communication and correspondences with authorities and agencies in moving and transporting the goods by fulfilling the required formalities including obtaining foreign exchange permits, customs clearance, etc;
- Prepares tender documents and offer analysis in cases of open and restricted tender purchases;
- Maintains up-to-date and systematic records pertaining to prices, suppliers, procurement schedule, etc;
- Procures medicines, other related supplies, medical equipment, assets, services, office supplies, etc on the basis of a procurement plan and established procedures to provide the requirement of the Central Store;
- Follows up and expedites the purchase process of medicines, other related supplies, medical equipment and other procurement needs of health and pharmaceuticals on the basis of the prescribed specifications;
- Undertakes the compilation of complete and accurate data on medicines, other related supplies, medical equipment and other items to be procured, the compilation and preparation of bid documents, the advertisement, soliciting of quotations from prospective suppliers and offer analysis;
- Studies effective purchasing techniques and proposes reform measures on existing procedures, forms and processes in a way that ensures economy and efficiency;
- Follows up the timely implementation of purchase orders up to delivery and notifies appropriate authorities in case of irregularities of delivery, etc;
- Reviews and prepares annual budgetary requirement assessment for procurement needs of the health and pharmaceuticals;
- Prepares discrepancy reports on commodities supplied and files appropriate claims with the manufacturers/suppliers and coordinates insurance claims related to loss or damage of goods in transit to the health and pharmaceuticals;
- Ensures the proper maintenance of requisitions, purchase orders, invoices, receiving reports, shipping and other documents; Prepares and presents complete, accurate and appropriate procurement and payment documents for approval and processing;
- Reviews documents submitted by the suppliers to ensure compliance with procurement requirements, policies and procedures;
- Ensures that the proper number of Performa invoices are collected and selection is done as per the procurement policies and procedures of health and pharmaceuticals;
- Expedites customs and other formalities for goods purchased from abroad; Maintains good working relationships with transit service providers to expedite other formalities for the clearing of goods found in the port customs;
- Fulfils the necessary formalities for the release of goods from customs as soon as documents are out of the bank;
- Ensures that documents such as invoices insurance certificates, bills of loading, bank permits, packing lists, cancellation tickets, etc. are sent to the concerned agent when goods are cleared though transit services;
- Handles all relevant correspondence with suppliers, insurance companies and transit agencies to expedite delivery of goods, clearance of shipments, claims of short landing and /or damage; Liaises with transit agencies to ensure timely arrival of goods at port, their systematic clearance from customs for prompt delivery to the warehouses of health and pharmaceuticals;
- Prepares periodic reports pertaining local and foreign purchase activities; Monitors market response to medicines, other related supplies and medical equipment supplied by health and pharmaceuticals with the objective of assessing the opinion of prescribers, dispensers and consumers; Takes minutes of health and pharmaceuticals procurement committee meetings;
Work Unit/ Project/ Program: Health and Pharmaceuticals Services
Terms of employment: Permanent after probation period
Grade :- X
- First degree in Pharmacy and diploma in Procurement Management/Materials Management or First degree in Procurement Management and diploma in Pharmacy.
- 6 years’ relevant experience.
How to Apply
We invite candidates meeting the required qualifications to fill out the employment application form from the official website of the Ethiopian Red Cross in vacancy menu http://www.redcrosseth.org/get-involved/vacancy and e-mail to email@example.com before the closing date of this announcement