Plan International is a rights-based development and humanitarian organization working for better lives for all children. We are independent of government and have no political or religious affiliation. Our purpose is to strive for a just world that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for more than 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
Our global strategy has a specific focus on girls, as they are often the most marginalized and most often left behind. We have committed ourselves to the ambitious target of reaching 100 million girls over 5 years, to ensure they can learn, lead, decide and thrive. This is our contribution to reaching the sustainable development goals, and in particular the goals on gender equality. Our organization is transforming itself to meet this enormous challenge everywhere we work. We need bold, forward-thinking and innovative individuals to lead our country operations, driving change and delivering results that will allow us to reach our target of 100 million girls.
Procurement Processing and Follow-up (50%)
· Undertake successfully all procurement processing and follow up of goods and services requested for emergency and development response operation or other requests as assigned by the supervisor
· Receives requests for goods and services (requisitions) and ensures their completeness/compliance before they are processed;
· Advises requestors about product description and specification, prices, lead times and availability, promoting standardization, value for money and economy of scale;
Commits to lead time estimations and is held responsible until timely indicated otherwise
Performance of Transactions and Purchasing (20%)
· Perform effectively transparent transactions, purchasing and delivery of goods and services within prior agreed lead times and ensures that all purchases are properly documented.
· Prepare a weekly and monthly overview of requisitions processed and outstanding, including lead times.
Market Assessment (10%)
· Conduct appropriate market assessments upon the direction provided by the Procurement Manager
Collect adequate information about suppliers and market conditions and reporting supplier details
Performs Additional Duties (20%)
· Fully perform additional duties as per the request of the Procurement Manager, Head of the department or CLT such as extracting data from the system SAP and report, PO Cleansing, vendor prequalification
· Effectively support and give sufficient orientation to requesting units or programs on creating and approving of purchase requisition from the system.
Safeguarding Children and Young People (Safeguarding) and Gender Equality and Inclusion (GEI)
· Understand and put into practice the responsibilities under Safeguarding and GEI policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC).
· Ensure that Plan International’s global policies for Safeguarding Children and Young People and Gender Equality and Inclusion are fully embedded in day to day work.
· Ensure that Plan Ethiopia contributes to Plan International’s global efforts to ensure safeguarding and GEI, including making sure that relevant reporting and data are submitted.
Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Management, Purchasing and Supplies Management, Supply Chain Management or related field
· A minimum of 4 years of relevant work experience
· Experience in UN Or NGO environment involving in the procurement activities
How to Apply
The closing date for the application in Sep 29.2021. Qualified candidates should submit the application form found with this link http://ethiojobs.net
This position is only open to Ethiopian Nationals, who must be eligible to live and work in Ethiopia.
More information about Plan International can be found on http://plan-international.org
References will be taken and background and anti-terrorism checks will be carried out in conformity with Plans Child Protection Policy. Plan operates an equal opportunities policy and actively encourages diversity, welcoming applications from all persons meeting the skills and experience required.
As an international child centered community development organization, Plan International is fully committed to promoting the realization of children’s rights including their right to protection from violence and abuse. That means we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with.
Plan International believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we as an organization, do everything we can to keep children safe. We must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk.