EXTERNAL VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
About Swiss Church Aid/HEKS
Swiss Church Aid/HEKS is the aid organization of the Protestant Churches of Switzerland and has its headquarters in Zurich/Switzerland. SCA/ HEKS works towards a more humane and more equitable world, assisting people and communities to overcome economic, social or humanitarian disparities in order to gain autonomy and to live with dignity both in Switzerland and abroad. Therefore, Swiss Church Aid/ HEKS engages in development cooperation, humanitarian aid and church cooperation working in more than 30 countries and running around 200 projects world-wide. SCA/ HEKS is a member of the ACT Alliance. Swiss Church Aid/ HEKS in Ethiopia is recruiting a Procurement and Logistics Officer for its Country office.
Purpose of the Job
Under the supervision of the Finance and Administration Manager, the Procurement/Logistics Officer is responsible for procurement and logistics activities to support the country and field office’s teams.
Key areas of responsibilities are:
- Ensure that all supplies requests from the staff are facilitated in a professional manner as per Field Financial and Administrative Guidelines (FFAG).
- Ensure all procurement requests are completed with all the required information, and maintain a filing system to track open versus closed purchase requests.
- Maintain an efficient inventory system for procured goods and materials, including office equipment.
- Follow FFAG and donor procurement procedures and regulations for procuring materials and other items, particularly to ensure that all procurements are:
- Fully and transparently documented through purchase requests, purchase orders, request for quotation, comparative statements, bid analysis, invoices and delivery reports.
- Done in timely and cost effective manner, and at the best value possible, while maintaining the quality.
- Ensure fairness, integrity and transparency.
- Information linked to the procurement must be documented and archived.
- Effective competition: two or more independent suppliers act on their own (not in collusion) and compete for the same piece of business.
- No purchases on the grey or black market.
- Principle of Due Diligence: follow up on the timely delivery and satisfactory quality of the received supplies, works or services. Where delivery is late or where the quality or quantity falls below what was agreed with the contractor, take remedial measures.
- Maintain a database of reliable vendors for supplies, services, and goods.
- Inform supervisor of all market developments and procurement/logistics issues through bi-weekly briefings.
- Facilitate supplier’s payment processes.
- Prepare price index report on quarterly base and participate during proposal development as required.
- Carry out routine checks to ensure that compound facilities are in good condition for use, and procure maintenance services when needed.
- Support local partners during procurement process as required.
Stock Management (20%)
- Ensure the filing system to record and archive all stock movements is carefully maintained
- Conduct physical stock checks periodically and investigate any discrepancies.
- Ensure that up-to-date inventories and asset registers are compiled and maintained.
- Manage the inventory of office equipment by SCA/HEKS staff and ensure its proper maintenance.
- Liaison with project office team to ensure stock management adhered as per FFAG
Admin and Fleet operation (10%)
- Support in producing assets/inventory reports to donors, any other relevant report upon request.
- Provide technical support to the staff and, as necessary, to partner organizations
- Follow up project office vehicle service/maintenance as per FFAG.
- Follow up vehicle annual inspection and Insurance renewal.
- Collect weekly vehicle movement plan from country and project offices.
- Plan, schedule and assign in town and field trip movements to meet staff travel requests in the most efficient and cost effective manner.
- Maintain a movement tracking system to monitor SCA/HEKS staff, drivers, and vehicle movement for trips outside the office.
- Liaises and collaborate with field offices to ensure coordinated and optimal utilization of vehicles.
- The employee may be asked to perform duties and tasks not covered in this job description as well as to provide support in other areas when necessary.
Duty Station: Addis Ababa Country office with frequent travel to field sites in different regions of Ethiopia.
Salary: As per the scale of the organization and benefit package
Minimum Skills and Qualifications
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience for Bachelor Degree’s holders or 5 years of relevant experience for Diploma holders in procurement, logistics, supply chain management or related field
- Minimum two years of previous experience in a similar position, preferably with an INGO.
- Specialized training in procurement and/or logistics management.
- Knowledge of different donor’s procurement procedures is an advantage.
- Proven ability to train and/or deliver technical assistance in procurement/logistics to local partners.
- Advanced computer skills, specifically in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to travel to project implementation locations.
- Excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills.
- 3rd grade driving license with driving experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates can apply by sending a letter of application, updated CV and supporting documents to Sosina.Seyoum@heks-eper.org
Mention the location and position you are applying for on the subject of your email and your application letter. Your application will not be reviewed if you fail to do so.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. No phone calls are allowed!
Qualified Female applicants are encouraged to apply