FH Ethiopia is a non-governmental organization engaged in relief and development activities. At FH, we operate under a set of guiding principles we call the “The Heartbeat”. This includes our Values, Vision and Purpose, which serve as the explanation of who we are and how we work as organization. Together we follow God’s call responding to human suffering and graduating communities from extreme poverty. FH Ethiopia would like to invite potential internal and external candidates to apply for the following position:
Position: Planning, Monitoring & Evaluation Coordinator
Duty Station: Meketewa & Tach Gayint (Amhara Region)
Duration of Contract: One-year contract, Renewable (with 60 working days probation period)
Salary: As per the salary scale of the organization
Closing date: October 30, 2021
responsible for the overall coordination, planning, implementation, monitoring, and reporting of the overall RFSA-PreSERVE project sectors at woreda level. He /She is responsible to coordinate program/project design, planning, monitor project implementation and to ensure the organization’s M&E system is properly applied. The position holder also provides training and technical assistance to government stakeholder staff in the area of monitoring and evaluation and project design. Moreover, he/she is responsible to build the capacity of project level FH staff and document, facilitate and disseminate lessons learned on a regular basis.
Key Result #1 – Planning
1. Draw up plans, proposals, and budget for new projects/extensions in collaboration with all stakeholders;
3. Coordinates, prepares and documents annual and detailed implementation plans in collaboration with the DFSA Regional Office M&E team, project staff and government stakeholders;
4. Prepares concept notes and on the shelf proposals that can be used as input for future project/program development;
5. Makes sure that annual operational plans are prepared in line with the agreed upon project proposals and compile justifications for any deviations from the plan;
6. Makes sure that project planning endeavors are participatory that involves all stakeholders including primary beneficiaries;
Key Result # 2-Project implementation
1. Play lead role in program/project planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of all FH/Ethiopia projects in a specific project area he/she assigned to;
2. Devises efficient system to ensure timely transfer of food to project beneficiaries;
3. Responsible to handle the Social Accountability activities in his/her respective project;
4. Facilitate and coordinate program implementation on the basis of the plan;
5. Ensures the World-link 3 system is properly applied at project level and real time data is collected by animators using mobile apparatus distributed for the purpose.
Key Result #3 – Capacity Building Activities
1. Identify capacity gaps of relevant partner staff in the area of project design, monitoring, evaluation and reporting fill the gaps as deemed necessary with the view of enhancing the capacity of local FH staff and partners;
2. Make sure that all staff internalized the PIM and work in adherence to the rules, regulations and procedures set in it;
3. Provides on the job training and technical backstopping to relevant partner staff and FH project staff on the technical aspect of World-Link 3.
Key Result #4 – Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
1. Based on the annual activity and budget plan, make regular field visit to check the proper implementation of all sectors and furnish monitoring reports to the project manager for timely decision making;
2. Compile periodic progress reports (monthly, quarterly, annual) of all sectors and submit to the project Manager for verification;
3. Keep proper documentation of project proposals, periodic reports, agreements and other documents related to project design, monitoring, evaluation and reporting both in soft and hard copy;
4. Take the lead during DFSA-TRAIN project mid-term and terminal evaluation.
Key Result #5 – Coordination and Networking
1. Liaise with government institutions and other NGOs regarding project design, monitoring, reporting and evaluation of activities;
FH strives to provide an environment free from sexual exploitation and abuse and harassment in all places where relief and development programs are implemented. FH holds a zero-tolerance policy against sexual exploitation and abuse and harassment. FH expects its employees to maintain high ethical standards, protect organizational integrity and reputation, and ensure that FH work is carried out in honest and fair methods, in alignment with the FH Heartbeat and safeguarding and associated policies. Violations to stated policies will be subject to corrective action up to and including termination of employment.
⮚ Provide adequate time to staff to participate in gender sensitivity workshops and related events.
⮚ Through observation, interviews, and spot-checks, ensure that the staff planning process is gender sensitive.
⮚ Build a better gender balance in staffing through affirmative action.
⮚ Observe if women staff are as involved as men in high-profile activities such as interaction with visitors and chairing meetings, and take corrective action if warranted.
⮚ Encourage female staff to participate in external networks (local and regional), as well as seminars and cross visits.
⮚ Facilitate open and regular discussions with staff on about the work environment, policies, and values convenient to gender issues.
Safety & Security Responsibility
⮚ Encourages compliance of Safety and Security principles and policies of the organization by all staffs;
⮚ Visiting project Offices and operational areas periodically to meet staff and making sure that all staff members are aware of the safety and security procedures;
⮚ Explains to staffs the reasoning behind the organization’s safety and security policies and procedures
⮚ Organizing local training sessions, such as First Aid, Fire Safety, and Defensive Driving for staff members. If possible, he/she should conduct briefing and training sessions himself/herself;
⮚ Ensures that safety and security objectives are added to performance reviews and evaluations of all staff members;
⮚ Encourages staffs to adopt safe and secure practices. Ensuring that updated personnel information related to safety (Record of Emergency Data) and security management are kept in Human resources.
Job Level Specifications
⮚ Full agreement with FH’s Christian foundation and beliefs as expressed in The Heartbeat: our Values, Vision, and Purpose.
⮚ Strong Interpersonal skills,
⮚ Emotional maturity,
⮚ Cross-cultural Sensitivity,
⮚ Ability to work effectively under pressure
⮚ 4 years related experience in a relevant position Preferably in INGO Setting. Education/Certifications
⮚ Bsc/ BA in Agriculture/ Rural Development, Sociology or relevant field of study. Masters is preferred.
⮚ Strong computer skill and knowledge in the area of MS word, MS Excel, MS Access, PowerPoint and email communication.
⮚ High level of initiative taking.
⮚ Proficiency in both spoken and written English. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Knowledge of local language of the intervention area is preferred.
How to Apply
Women Candidates are highly encouraged to apply
Competent candidates can submit ONLY their application and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates MUST refer the position title “ Planning, Monitoring & Evaluation Coordinator ” on the subject line of their email and applications.